A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
Our Payment Operations department is looking for an Operations Specialist to join our US team. The role will be reporting into the Core Operations Team Lead, ensuring that our clients receive the best possible service, in line with FCA(UK), DNB (NL) and APAC requirements. This role will be remote working based in West Coast PST timezone.
Day to day duties will include:
- Completing operational processes to deliver the best possible service for our clients accurately and on time.
- Working seamlessly with the Core Operations teams in UK, Netherlands and Singapore ensuring good communication, clear handovers and best practices are shared across the global team.
- Learn and maintain a strong knowledge of internal systems and processes, as well as an adequate understanding of the payments and FX market.
- Identify & escalate issues with the Customer Success, Relationship Management team and/or Compliance teams to ensure a high level of service at all times.
- Investigate and resolve any client queries or banking issues, identifying the root cause and proposing solutions to improve our service.
- Troubleshoot operational issues and supporting the Core Operations Team Leader and Core Operations Manager with incident management to minimize client impact.
- Investigate any payment issues and liaise with our banking providers to reach a resolution.
- Complete any other ad hoc duties as required.
- Have a continuous understanding of AML, KYC and sanctions – applying this knowledge and awareness to all daily activities.
- Ensure all tasks are completed by the end of the day to a high standard.
- Managing multiple process deadlines throughout the day with strong time management skills
- A Self starter with a track record in taking initiative and problem solving.
- Good communication skills and comfortable engaging with teams in different locations.
- Attention to detail and ability to stay focused under time pressuresAbility to work both independently and as a team, managing your own workload while working remotely
- This position would suit either an experienced individual or a recent graduate who is interested in working within the fintech payments industry.
- You must be able to demonstrate experience of Payment Operations in international payments (processing, support, troubleshooting) and/or FX trading. It would be beneficial if you have experience with high volume daily payments processing, completing daily reconciliations and understanding how FCA, DNBand APAC regulations impact our business.
What Success Looks Like...
The Personality Attributes
As an experienced applicant:
As a recent graduate:You must be able to demonstrate some insight into how a cross border payment would operate, have investigated and have some insight into regulatory requirements regarding cross border payments e.g. Anti Money Laundering (AML) and demonstrate an interest in the FinTech industry showing a keen willingness to learn.
All applicants should...
- Be capable and comfortable in customer facing role.
- Have a meticulous and thorough approach with attention to detail.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Be able to deliver against time pressured deadlines.
- Perform well under pressure, with outstanding organization and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs