A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
The Compliance Officer is a key part of Currencycloud's second line compliance function. They will work closely with compliance operations (first line) to respond to high risk cases and transactions. They will primarily focus on Currencycloud’s European clients serviced by Currencycloud B.V., but will also work closely with the wider Group Compliance function.
- Respond to day to day escalations from the compliance operations team such as adverse media alerts, high risk transactions, PEPs and corner cases
- Make judgements on whether to accept or reject applications from high risk clients
- Where necessary, schedule sessions to present specific cases to senior stakeholders (such as the Head of Compliance Netherlands or Group Head of Financial Crime)
- Deliver formal and informal training on changes in company policies and procedures to the compliance operations team
- Provide regular coaching and guidance to junior team members on specific cases that have been escalated
- Support the Head of Compliance Netherlands in managing the regulatory and financial obligations of Currencycloud’s European entity Currencycloud B.V.
- Support the ongoing enhancement of Currencycloud’s financial crime control framework. by identifying new typologies and potential gaps in existing policies and procedures
- Take ownership of certain policy documents and take the lead in developing new controls to mitigate new or evolving risks
- Maintain an excellent technical knowledge of financial crime regulations, keeping up to speed with new developments and the latest regulatory positions of key markets that Currencycloud operates in
- Be aware of changes in the wider business (such as new products) and how these may impact the compliance team
Skills and Experience:
This role is collaborative in nature, and you will:
- Work alongside the business and the wider compliance team
- Be a champion of CC culture and values: Own it, Better together, Be human
- Recognise team vulnerabilities and act on this: be human
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong technical financial crime knowledge
- A genuine interest in the FinTech industry with a drive to increase their knowledge and experience
- A hands-on and independent approach
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs