3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Associate Cloud Support Engineer - GCP
As an Associate GCP Support Engineer at CTS, you will help to support CTS Managed Service customers across all of our Google Cloud Platform (GCP) solutions (Application Development, Data & ML and Platform).
You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the key principles of cloud computing, such as containerisation, infrastructure as code (IaC) and Microservice architecture. You will develop a specialism in GCP services, and will gain hands-on experience with cutting edge technologies such as Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Ansible and many more.
Your core focus will be to provide a high quality service for CTS customers, helping to identify and resolve issues that arise within their GCP environments. You will collaborate and contribute to all areas of delivery and help to identify improvement opportunities within our Managed Service offerings.
Exposure to a wide variety of cutting edge technologies and software is a given in this fast paced and varied role.
Please note: this role is open to recent university graduates who have completed Computing/Computer Science related degrees, and are looking for an opportunity to enter the Cloud Computing industry.
For this role we are able to offer:
- Hybrid working - you can work from where you want, when you want.
- Flexible hours - we ask that you work during core hours (10-4) to help with collaboration, but outside of that you can work when suits you
- Manage support requests from Managed Services customers, including triage and escalation to CTS SME’s or to Google Support through to resolution.
- Have a keen eye for detail over metrics, processes and materials to support the customers engagement with CTS.
- Contribute to Managed Service solution evaluation calls with clients, supporting the CTS sales team.
- Maintenance and support of customer GCP systems and services including troubleshooting issues and working with delivery engineers to resolve them.
- Deployment of system changes to support the customer roadmap under Managed Service.
- Experience and passion for Managed Services and their potential for positive impact for our customers.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with (or awareness of) Google Cloud Platform, or another leading public cloud provider (AWS or Azure).
- Confidence to present CTS Managed Services to customers and to internal stakeholders.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary and unlimited holiday allowance (+10 learning days), you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
As part of our DNA, we offer a flexible working environment, so we encourage you to apply and ask if this is something you require.
You could be based anywhere in the Netherlands and work fully remote if that would be your preference. You can choose to work from the office (Utrecht) as often as you like. There might be some occasional travel to the head office in Manchester and to customer sites in the Netherlands.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at email@example.com for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 230 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.