Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world's largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt's Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt's platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Austin, Boston, Berlin, and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
The Head of Global Alliances and Channels will be part of the market leadership team and will report to Russ Cobb, Chief Market Officer. This hire will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of all alliance and channel initiatives to ensure short- and long-term market and revenue expansion through a variety of ecosystem partner types and relationship models, including referral, sell-with, resale, and service provision. This is a “think and do” high impact role, with both market-building and revenue-driving responsibilities.
What You'll Do
- Develop a clear alliance and channel go-to-market strategy that shows how this hire will effectively build our ecosystem to drive market presence, to speed platform adoption and to scale revenue growth.in alignment with corporate strategy and OKRs.
- Assess and improve upon current processes, methodologies, infrastructure and metrics to optimize performance of alliance and channel partner relationships.
- Define and implement operational metrics and KPIs that measure, optimize, and continually improve effectiveness of ecosystem relationships.
- Build and maintain Partnership playbook.
- Hire, onboard, retain, and develop a world-class decentralized alliance and channel team.
- Identify, recruit, onboard and enable partners.
- Coordinate with strategic partners to create and execute business plans to meet mutual short- and long-term goals.
- Meet business targets on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge in key product functionality.
- Travel as necessary.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing and Product to enable partners’ growth.
- Contribute positively to Cobalt culture and live our values.
- Proven success leading alliance and channel teams for high-growth B2B SaaS businesses, with specific experience building programs and partnerships to drive material business expansion.
- A background in B2B SaaS GTM roles positioning and selling into IT personas (CTO, CISO, etc,).
- Proven quota responsibility and attainment.
- A strong leader and motivator with proven success in building a world-class, global ecosystem team with proven, repeatable methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop team structures, performance measurements, and forecasting systems with partners.
- People-first person who can recruit, hire, and develop a diverse and inclusive decentralized team to meet ambitious goals.
- Experienced and credible in building valuable relationships with senior leaders & decision-makers.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel, both domestically and internationally. Prior experience working with an internationally distributed company is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of alliance and channel sales experience.
- Familiarity with structuring and negotiating partnership agreements
- Works well in a rapidly changing growth environment.
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary