Centrica is a vertically integrated energy business and a leader in the Net Zero transition. It invests in, trades, and optimises energy assets and commodities including power generation, peaking power, power storage, gas storage, LNG, natural gas, hydrogen, among others
The Academy team are responsible for the end-to-end delivery and facilitation of all engineering learning programmes across Services & Solutions.
The Senior Gas Trainer, is responsible for delivering technical and behavioural learning for the Field Engineers and Apprentices, as well as assuming day to day management responsibility for their designated team and site particularly ensuring site safety and culture standards are aligned with both the academy and Centrica standards.
- Lead the learning delivery of Engineering programmes ensuring employees can demonstrate competence across all aspects of the role and are compliant with relevant legislation and industry codes of practice.
- Deliver inspiring learning solutions that have our customers as the primary focus and which in turn will impact positively on our customers’ experience of British Gas and Centrica.
- Planning and delivery of both Academy and Field-Based training schedules and ensuring any service level agreements are completed to scale
- Delivery of whole training schemes, programmes, and award schemes including the timely completion of documentation and review requirements.
- Ensure that all pre-training / preparation activity is completed prior to commencement of sessions, in line with quality standards and SLA’s.
- Ensure learning delivery is compliant with awarding-body and Centrica quality frameworks and systems across all programmes.
- Liaise with operational stakeholders and the Academy teams to ensure the Programme is delivered on time and on budget.
- Ensure HSE and legal conformance as well as actively promoting and role-modelling safety performance.
- Ensuring the Academy site and training locations are appropriately prepared and are conducive with safe and effective learning environments.
- Ensure operational and regulatory risks are managed and escalated as appropriate.
- Lead by example in delivery, facilitation and assessment methods, in particular, to promote a culture where learners are treated fairly and have equal and appropriate access to learning.
- Review learning evaluations and act on feedback to support continuous improvement of delivery and facilitation in terms of learner experience, satisfaction, engagement and business impact.
- Work with Academy Site Manager to ensure the Academy is safe and fit for purpose
- Oversee day to day HSE performance and conformance on site
- Manage team performance in relation to quality and timely progression of learning journeys for technical engineers and apprentices
- Provide day to day leadership for Academy site team, including culture, leadership, professional standards, performance and development
The Person Requirements:
- Must hold Core ACS plus DAH1 CKR1 HTR1 CPA1 or alternatively level 3 qualified Electrician
- Proven experience of delivering and facilitating technical and behavioural learning programmes within large customer orientated business, ideally from a sector where sales and service is a focus.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage all aspects of HSE across the learning environment.
- Proven track record of technical competence.
- Sufficient experience in a technical role and a full understanding of the Technical Operational Procedures relevant to any learner or group of learners.
- Understanding of National Vocational Qualifications, Scottish Vocational Qualifications, Learning Skills Councils, Sector Skills Councils, Funding Agencies, and Apprenticeships
- A functional knowledge of Quality Management Systems and ISO procedures.
- Ability to manage large group learning experiences or smaller interventions.
- Strong underpinning knowledge of learning delivery methodology.
- Able to hold performance and development conversations with others.
- Ability to oversee progression of multiple groups of technical engineers and apprentices.
- Experience in building effective working relationships that deliver great results
We have tailored our well-being & benefits package around our employees as follows:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Employee Energy Allowance at 15% of the government price cap
- Pension scheme
- Company Funded Healthcare Plan
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers, electric car lease scheme & travel insurance
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull