Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding Specialist (m/w/d)
3–4 days/week at home
A little flex time
We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 300 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
Hiring the absolute best people for our growing team and delivering an exceptional candidate experience is a key strategic priority at carwow. Reporting into the Global Head of Talent Management in Germany, you’ll work closely with the German Leadership team to hire a range of roles across the Commercial and Marketing teams, predominantly focusing on the German business but with the opportunity to branch out into recruiting Global roles also.
You'll be focussed on giving phenomenal experience to candidates and will also support key projects e.g. helping to grow and evolve our employer brand and DE&I initiatives.
This could be the perfect opportunity for someone who has some previous experience within an inhouse Talent Acquisition role and has proven success in building strong talent pipelines, to take the next step in their career.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with hiring managers and key stakeholders, managing the recruitment process with a strong focus on direct sourcing
- Manage and drive the recruitment process including sourcing, interviewing, evaluating skill level, giving feedback and closing
- Delivering a world-class candidate experience at all times, finding ways to wow our candidates
- Support hiring managers to create awesome job descriptions to help articulate and market each unique career opportunity
- Build relationships with relevant industry professional associations, universities, meetups, and other appropriate events
- Get involved in wider projects working alongside the Head of Talent Management and wider team e.g employer branding efforts and Diversity and Inclusion
You will have:
- Previous Talent Acquisition experience working with fast paced, Consumer businesses is essential so that you can hit the ground running in our busy team. If you’ve worked in house in startups, or high growth tech businesses - all the better!
- You will have had exposure to recruiting for a wide range of business areas but you may have a specialist subject superpower in one of these areas
- You are fluent in German as well as in English
- Previous experience utilising LinkedIn and other platforms to source/shortlist potential candidates across a variety of roles is key with a ‘hunter’ mindset
- You know your way around various ATS platforms - we use Workable at carwow
- A strong knowledge of employment law in relation to recruitment
And will be:
- A highly organised, driven individual with a keen eye for attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively, with a sense of urgency as part of a team
- A true “people person” who thrives when connecting with people and building strong relationships
- A team player, happy to flex what you do in line with business and team needs
- You’re constantly looking for better ways of working and love suggesting new ideas and keeping an eye on new tech
- Have a keen interest in D&I and be excited by the opportunity to get involved in wider Talent projects, e.g. employer branding projects,
- You understand the “why” and importance behind everything you do - admin bits of your role aren’t just "admin" to you. You understand how everything from timely, well written communications to candidates and smooth processes to stand out social posts and engaging content can make all the difference in attracting the best talent
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of €550, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏖️ 28 days holidays per year and you will receive 2 additional annual leave days after 3 years of service
💻 The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)🪑 You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to €550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 ‘Work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021
What employees are saying
"I do really love the 'remote first, hybrid working' mentality at carwow. We also offer a work from anywhere benefit which allows us to manage our annual leave really well. Our hybrid working is super flexible, so I can really manage my personal life well."
Anonymous Marketing Employee at carwow
More roles at carwow
- Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Junior Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Agency Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Automotive Key Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Automotive Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- OEM Key Account Manager (m/w/d)
- IT Office Helpdesk Technician
- Revenue Operations Manager
- Partner Insight Specialist
- Key Account & Sales Manager (m/w/d)
- Trainee Sales Executive
- OEM Brand Partnerships Manager (m/w/d)
- Global People Team Administrator
- Media Sales Manager (m/w/d)
- Business Development Manager (m/w/d)
- Senior Product Designer
- Office Operations Manager
- Team Lead Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- Head of Customer Marketing
- (Junior) Business & Operations Analyst (w/m/d)
- Head of Country Marketing Germany (w/m/d)
- Senior CRM Manager
- Marketing Analyst Intern
- Praktikum / Werkstudentstelle - Plattform Konfigurator (w/m/d)
- Business Analyst Intern
- Marketing Communications Specialist (w/m/d)
- Copywriter (w/m/d)
- Praktikum Strategy & Innovation (w/m/d)
- Praktikum Business Development (w/m/d)