We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
As a Performance Marketing Manager within the Growth Marketing team at carwow, you will play a key role in driving profitable customer acquisition for our business.
Paid search continues to be one of the key customer acquisition channels we invest in as a business and you will be responsible for bringing new ideas and initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities whilst continuing to optimise our paid search approach.
Reporting into our Paid Search Lead, you will work closely with our local marketplace teams and be fully immersed in the business.
You will also be focused on driving new channel expansion- working with other members of the Growth Marketing team to help accelerate the growth of the business.
- Manage, plan and scale paid search campaigns across Google search and Bing
- Responsible for developing and optimising our paid search campaigns including designing and implementing campaigns, keyword research, managing bid strategies and budgets in accordance with our set targets
- Identify and test, new and innovative growth opportunities to deliver on our business KPIs
- Develop and execute A/B tests for paid search: from ad copy variants to audiences and landing pages.
- Improve performance, process and workflow in terms of quality and efficiency (campaign set-up, bidding, incrementality and reporting)
- Manipulate and analyse data into actionable business insights to improve efficiency of our marketing portfolio.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in Performance Marketing
- At least 3 years’ hands on experience running and optimising paid search campaigns with a proven track record of advanced bid strategy and budget management.
- Strong technical skills in data manipulation using SQL (a bonus), Tableau or Excel
- Fluent English
- A love of thinking outside the box and developing creative & innovative solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, business, finance, IT or related discipline will be highly regarded but not mandatory.
- Experience with creating JS adwords scripts, or other programming languages – a plus
- Familiarity with paid channels such as youtube, display and social - a plus
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021