carwow is looking for an integral role of Customer Experience Representative to join our team in Portugal, either on a remote basis or working in a hybrid format in Porto supporting our German market.
We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
Joining our Customer Experience department you will be the first point of contact for our customers coming into the business. Ensuring we offer the best car buying and selling experience, you will measure your success in quickly ascertaining our customers needs and handing across to the appropriate departments. You will be a self-starter who is organised and able to manage your own workload.
- You will have experience of working in a contact centre environment, dealing with a high volume of inbound calls, emails and chats
- You will be an effective communicator - one of our company values is Clear which states we strive for clarity and simplicity in all our communication. You are a natural communicator, understanding how to interact with people in different environments
- You are curious, we have an insatiable hunger to stay ahead and achieve our mission, constantly improving our business, our work and ourselves. You are a problem solver, quick thinker and striving to find the best solution
- We aim to Wow users, industry partners, ourselves and each other. You go above and beyond in your work, doing whatever it takes to offer the best experience and service possible. We hold high standards for every interaction someone has with us, connecting emotionally and creating delight
- Working hours are 8am-5pm
- You will have experience of working in a busy customer facing environment and making a number of outbound calls and sending emails to our Customers
- Experience of working in the automotive industry is desirable but not essential
- One of our company values is Proactive - we challenge ourselves to be better and are self-starters. You have a get up and go mentality and understand the search for answers to more complicated questions
- We are Positive, by surrounding ourselves with positive people, we work to stay upbeat. Not everything can go the way we planned, and we remain sure we can solve and deliver for our customers
- We aim to WOW users, industry partners, ourselves and each other. You go above and beyond in your work, doing whatever it takes to offer the best experience and service possible. We hold high standards for every interaction someone has with us, connecting emotionally and creating delight
- You have excellent spoken and written German capabilities
- You enjoy communicating with customers
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- Remote working Or Hybrid working with 2 days per week in the office
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Private medical health insurance
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550 *if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays.
* Please can we ask that you kindly submit your resume in English. *
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021