3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
Working closely with the Head of CRM (from our London, Munich or Madrid offices), you will strategically lead and manage the planning and execution of carwow’s promotional email campaigns, as well as all of our triggered customer communication journeys.
A truly dual role, the right person will have strong functional skills coupled with a creative/ strategic eye; being as comfortable explaining deliverability to an all-staff meeting as they are at setting a newsletter content strategy.
What you will be doing:
- Lead operational delivery, optimisation & reporting of all email campaigns, including performance metrics & ROI
- Plan, create & deploy effective, automated life-cycle campaigns across markets.
- Drive innovative ideas and solutions in response to customer needs and changing market conditions.
- Feel comfortable with planning, execution, measurement & analysis in an equal measure.
- Provide regular communication with stakeholders, such as the broader marketing team, design team, country marketing managers and product teams.
- Leverage data and customer insight to constantly improve our customer journey and channel ROI.
- Support development, testing and deployment of new CRM channels for carwow, such as SMS, Push & Web-Push.
- Relevant previous CRM and email management experience
- An ability to work across multiple stakeholders, from design to product, while prioritising multiple projects
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent business judgement and strategic thinking
- A strong understanding of how to optimise online funnels and campaigns to increase revenue.
- Experience building automated, life-cycle email communications
- Familiarity with HTML (ability to understand where changes need to be made), CSS (preferable), Email coding (responsive design) are all nice to haves
- Ability to analyse large volumes of complex, automated campaigns, knowing what to measure and how to infer actionable insights
- Familiarity with A/B testing methodologies and execution
- Working knowledge of Iterable or similar ESP
- Strong ability to layer creative thinking over functional / data-led strategy and optimisation
- Experience in working on an international scale, preferably for a B2C company.
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.