Hey 👋, glad you're interested in jobs at Capdesk. We're a really exciting company in an interesting stage of growth right now (no bias 😉). My name is Vincent and let me tell you a little bit more about who we are and what we're looking for.
At Capdesk, we’re about to rewrite the history books on how companies use equity to empower their people. Nothing less! By unlocking the power of equity, we can change finance for good.
With equity made more accessible, businesses can unite employees, owners and investors through shared success. It might sound revolutionary, but it shouldn’t. It’s about time!
In the last few years, we’ve quietly become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for private companies to digitise their equity information and manage and issue employee equity schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped create.
We recently launched a first-of-its-kind secondaries market to take our mission even further. Now, employees can turn vested shares into equity as and when it suits them — no more waiting for the company to IPO.
Employee equity schemes have been broken for too long; it’s time to create a world where everyone can be a stakeholder.
Capdesk is remote friendly, but more importantly Team First. We have amazing people all over the world and we're mostly focused in Copenhagen+London where we still have brick and mortar offices. Applicant are welcome from everywhere from UTC -5 to +2 timezones. We welcome applications from outside these timezones if the applicants are willing to fully commit to adjusting their work schedule to one of our timezone.
We’re a lean team, so every hire counts. We’re looking for each newcomer to strengthen our mission, our team and our culture — and challenge us to get better.
We just completed an £8m series A, and we have over 1000 of Europe's startups and scale-ups using our software. We’re gearing up to go further, across Europe and beyond. That’s where you come in!
So that's well and good, but what are we looking for really?We're looking for engineers that have experience shipping stuff. You have put important features into production and want to keep shipping more. Maybe your current job features too much bureaucracy and not enough flexibility. Maybe you miss faster, simpler and easier times back when you were just 50 employees.Well, well, talk about a coincidence! This is where Capdesk is right now. We have so much to build and tons of interesting opportunities to chase. We want to grow, but at a controlled pace. We're not on an uncontrolled hypergrowth journey and we value quality over quantity of hires.You'll be building new features, improving existing code and collaborating with a team of highly passionate, enthusiastic and motivated people. You're autonomous, able to wrap your head around complex problems and curious to dig into the world of fintech. You like to ship iteratively and to consistently improve the code, leaving it better than how it was when you first read it.You can take end-to-end ownership of a feature, while connecting and collaborating with designers and product managers — from the database model all the way to the front-end, passing by the API, security and CI/CD.As a senior joining our team you'll be given a golden opportunity to shape how we work and build things at Capdesk. Your voice will be heard and you will be given ample opportunities to influence anything you're passionate about. We're a team of open-minded individuals that love hearing new ideas and learning from other's experiences. Bring your views!Our tech stack:
- Our back-end runs on Ruby on Rails (with a PostgreSQL database)
- Our front-end is in React
- Our infrastructure runs on Heroku (we like to keep it simple)
What we can offer you:
- A role where you'll have lots of room to shine and a front-row seat on a unicorn ride
- Working with amazing people from all over the world, with different cultures, experiences and knowledge
- Salary ranging from £70-85k depending on the level of experience and your location
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day every year up to 5 days), plus national holidays
- Very flexible working – we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are
- Enhanced parental leave - 26 weeks maternity, 17 weeks paternity (also includes adoption) and in the unfortunate circumstance we also offer miscarriage leave
- You get your very own Pleo company credit card, so no more expenses hassle
- Semi annual company trips (ask a Capdesker about our #supersocials) and quarterly kick offs
- Mental health and wellbeing support as well as access to therapists with Spill
- Onboarding budget to spend on equipment you need so you can work to the best of your abilities
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
- Hear about our Values
- Hear from some of our customers on Capterra
- Hear from our current and past hires on Glassdoor
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Capdesk provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Capdesk is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Capdesk
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"Capdesk has adopted a "team-first" approach that means people are free to work from offices, remotely or any combination of the two. Capdesk has also made it possible for people to move country, with employment available in around 10 countries worldwide. As well as recruiting from these places, several staff have chosen to move country this year, which seems to be a really unique level of free movement for a startup."
Anonymous Capdesk Employee