3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
boxxe enables organisations to be the best they can be through the use of technology. This is our mission. To achieve this we know we need to bring together the best possible people from all backgrounds and experiences to rethink how we work and to make us better.
This role is Hybrid with the expectation of working from boxxe headquarters in York, a minimum of 1 day per week. Some of our customer contracts include provision for onsite work, this is a fundamental part of this role.
As part of the Technical Services team, you will be responsible for managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure for our managed customers. You’ll configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools whilst proactively working to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
A Support Engineer is a key part of the Technical Services Team within boxxe and provides Support, Management and Administration to a broad range of Technologies\Services for all our Managed Service customers. Services include Public and Private Cloud, Networking and Systems Infrastructure (Compute, Storage etc)
What you’ll be doing
- Working to the strict SLA’s we provide our services against to ensure that we deliver a fantastic customer experience.
- Working on incidents, problems and requests escalated from our 1st Line team maintaining the SLA to the customer.
- Maintaining the highest levels of communications with both external and internal customers
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and administering both user and infrastructure environments, including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations for both on-premise and cloud-based customers.
- Working proactively and reactively with our Monitoring Platform to manage computer network performance, determining if adjustments need to be made.
- Deliver proactive and reactive maintenance of customer and boxxe systems to ensure the highest possible patch and security status
- Provide 2nd level support and mentoring/guidance of 1st level teams
- Liaise with Vendors and other boxxe technical personnel for problem resolution
- Work to find new and innovative solutions making recommendations to drive continuous improvement.
- Have a continuous drive to further your technical knowledge
- Participate in the Out of Hours 24x7 2nd line On call rota.
What experience we think you’ll need
- Microsoft Certification MCP/MCSA/MCSE/Azure Administrator level or equivalent experience
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows based environments.
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of Networks, Operating Systems, Storage devices and applications including SQL Databases.
- Working cloud experience, preferably in Azure
- Working experience with Microsoft Office 365 and InTune.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Operating Systems Windows 7+ / Windows Server 2008R2+
- Working Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix)
- Working experience with monitoring systems Experience with automation software would be desirable
- Ability and willingness to travel within the UK and work flexibly
- Working to follow ITILv3/4 Practices
boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.