A little flex time
About now you’d expect us to tell you what Amplience do. Well, we don’t do the expected. Instead, we want to tell you about what we believe in – freedom. Freedom is everything Amplience stands for. That’s why, if you want to work with us (we’d be honoured) you’d better be ok with working your own way.
(Oh and in case you were wondering, what we do is help create the future of customer experiences.)
Now it’s over to you. Take a look and see if what we need sounds like you.
Amplience is growing fast and with that our costs and the need to manage those costs in greater detail arises. The FinOps Director will take on the control and management of the Operational budgets, the culture and awareness of cost efficiencies and optimisations.
What you'll do:
Cost governance & Culture
- Build a culture focused on cost optimisation and sustainable growth.
- Develop set of best practices and governance to ensure the technical optimisation of cloud and 3rd party services to ensure costs are optimised.
- Develop reusable cost models, templates and technical solutions that will be used by the R&D teams when developing new capabilities or updating existing solutions.
Cost analysis and optimisation
- Build and maintain rolling expenditure forecasts.
- Define, implement and automate the metrics, reports and dashboards required to track, analyse and optimise department and cloud spend.
- Build and implement data enrichment processes to enhance the forecast data and to ensure accurate cost allocation/attribution, including the ability to facet by customer, transaction, product/service, tag etc.
- Define and manage the cloud utilisation strategy and implement compute / reservations and rightsizing and utilisation limits and targets.
- Build, manage and realise a backlog of cost optimisation tasks / projects.
- Work directly with the Finance teams to deliver forecast data into the company operating plans.
- Work directly with DevOps and Engineering teams to ensure costs are optimised and utilisation modelling is fully integrated in to IaC blueprints and code.
- Work with SysOps to ensure FinOps rules are enforced where possible.
- Define the tagging strategy and ensure its adoption across all engineering, operations and services teams.
SLA's and KPI's
- Own the Customer SLA, the data, reporting and re-factoring as new functional capabilities are released.
- Work closely with SRE and Operations teams to monitor and report on the SLI's / SLO's that drive the SLA's.
- Full cycle supplier management - acquisition & due-diligence through to maintain and renewals.
- Management and reporting of the supplier SLA's.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
What you’ll bring:
- Strong data, analytical and interpretation knowledge, modelling and defining meaningful KPIs related to technical and cloud expenditure.
- Ability to create new business insights from concept through to delivery.
- Having worked within the Agile environments (epics / stories / acceptance criteria).
- Knowledge of Cloud service providers (ideally AWS and/or GCP/Azure) and their consumption models and billing concepts.
- Strong technical experience having worked with micro-services, cloud APIs and ideally GraphQL.
- Experience of using BI, ETL, data cleansing tools to interrogate, parse and manage data. Extensive use of structured query language and full life cycle DRY code development. Ideally development of IaC Terraform/AWS CDK.
- Strong scripting/programming skills
- Familiar with cloud security principles and best practices TOGAF certified
- FinOps Practitioner certified
- Objectives delivery using OKR's.
- The ability to translate complex technical data in to simple consumable information across the organisation.
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Experience with CCMO solutions e.g. Cloudability.
- Thorough understanding of AWS Trusted adviser.
- Strong financial accountancy understanding.
- Dashboard / modelling tools such as ReTool / AirTable / Causal.
- Supplier / Vendor / Contract management tools.
- Modelling / warehousing tools such as Essbase / Broadbase.
- Hands on experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Data Studio or Looker.
So what’s in it for you? Aside from using some great technologies and working with smart friendly people who are very generous with their knowledge, we have a great set of benefits to recognise everybody’s individual needs.
- Freedom to work from home, with offices for when you want them
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you’ve been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
- Study leave