1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 10 - 4
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Head of IT Operations at Accurx
As Head of IT Operations, you will be joining at an exciting time. Our IT team has recently grown out to three people and now supports a business of 150+. We have also just moved office with a planned Phase 2 extension and lots of new IT infrastructure to support. This is an exciting opportunity to build out a world-class IT function that is crucial to the smooth day-to-day running of Accurx.
As Head of IT Operations you will be responsible for leading and scaling the IT operations function in a sustainable manner. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Creating and executing the IT strategy for the business
- Managing and developing people in the IT operations function
- Developing the appropriate level of IT policies, procedures and best practices
- Overseeing relationships with vendors, contractors and service providers
- Ensuring we’re pragmatic with our purchasing decisions across hardware and software
- Ensuring our IT systems keep us compliant with Cyber Essentials Plus, ISO 27001 and working closely with the CISO to do this
What the team say ...,
“It's awesome being a part of Accurx's journey; IT Support goes deeper than just a support function, you get to improve people's way of working with the innovative solutions and tools we provide. Accurx = big vision, latest tech.”
Jack, IT Lead
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You’ve built, managed and grown IT teams
- You have extensive knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- You have a proven track record developing IT strategy and planning IT implementation
- You are able to blend data and qualitative feedback to drive IT choices for the business
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
- £70,000 - £90,000 salary + meaningful share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.