At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2022 summer conference!
Life as a Business Development Manager at Accurx:
Accurx is in a really fantastic position with widespread use of our Accurx Plus products across most of the country. But there’s still lots of space to grow these contracts and upsell existing products, as well as launching exciting new products and expanding into new territories!
We have ambitious plans to continue our growth at all levels of the NHS and across all areas (Integrated Care Systems). Therefore, we are growing our Sales Team to continue to build out and manage all of the exciting opportunities on the horizon!
We are looking for someone who will collaborate with the wider Sales team and regional Business Development (BD) Leads, to build and grow relationships at the small to medium enterprise (SME) level (Federations, Health Boards, Primary Care Networks i.e. PCNs). You’ll play a key role in shaping our SME growth strategy, and how we can build out even richer relationships with key stakeholders in this space, which is crucial to the wider NHS partnerships landscape.
What can you expect to be doing as a Business Development Manager at Accurx?
Growing our SME business acoss England, Northern reland (NI) and Wales:
- Leading on prospecting the SME landscape: Scoping out approaches to build business across your territories. Leveraging existing relationships whilst doing effective market analysis to build out effective prospecting lists.
- Campaign Management: Building targeted outbound campaigns to potential prospects, leads and existing customers across a variety of channels.
- Understanding SME needs and requirements, preparing materials for pitching and demoing Accurx Products to a variety of stakeholders.
- Managing ongoing senior SME relationships and stakeholders (PCN, Federation and Health Board procurement leads), to build out the wider footprint of Accurx trusted partnerships.
- Leading outreach to new partners via calls and email, understanding partner needs, and feeding back to the wider business.
Building out SME Strategy and improving value propositions:
Whilst we have strong existing presence at SME level, there is still lots to understand about this landscape so that we can leverage it even further. We would be looking for:
- Research of the area and close alignmentwith our Policy Team to scope engagements with senior stakeholders across the SME landscape.
- Understanding buying landscape and priorities to build out value propositions for existing and new territories e.g. further expansion in Wales and NI.
- Supporting partner research e.g. stakeholder mapping, competitor analysis, understanding digital plans and strategies.
- Feeding your learnings back to the product teams to ensure that we're building what our users need, and what our customers want to buy.
- Supporting on the launch on new products to market and testing value propositions at the SME level.
Team and Project Management/ Support:
- Supporting to build out the sales/ partnerships function at Accurx, with the processes and tools we need to help us hit our ambitious growth targets.
- Leading and supporting cross functional projects across the business which can improve our way of working internally and with customers.
What the team say ...
“Every day as a Partnerships Lead at Accurx is inspiring and rewarding. It’s a hugely exciting time to join the team as we scale quickly, building relationships and partnerships that really make a different for NHS front line staff. Every day is full of variety and the right amount of challenge, all while learning from my talented colleagues and having a great time while we do it.” Rosie, Partnerships Lead
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have experience working in sales, business development, partnerships or account management
- You have strong and proven experience in managing outbound campaigns and sales that have driven business growth within a company
- You have a proven track record in developing and growing relationships with new partners/accounts
- You're relatable and personable, and you care about building meaningful, genuine relationships with partners
- Strong communication,listening and negotiation skills, that enables you to understand customer needs well and how to structure value propositions in alignment
- You have a bias for action - you're willing to get stuck in and do what it takes to make things happen
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a start-up throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- The healthcare industry is something you are passionate about or you already have experience in it
- You share our values.
Our package includes:
- £45,000 - £65,000 salary + meaningful share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings)
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Accurx provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Accurx is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Accurx
Gender diversity (male:female)
45% Male : 55% Women
Liverpool Street, London
£36m in Series A & B
What employees are saying
"Amazing company to work for. Company culture is amazing. When I let my friends know of all the activities and benefits of the company, they want to work for the company as well. So I am super happy that I found this company. Totally amazing workplace and people."
Anonymous accuRx Employee