Fully flexible hours
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air travel, and it cuts down on the carbon emitting congestion of road travel. With the current climate crisis it’s more important than ever to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. For every travel company having rail as a booking option is like having vegan choices on the menu – it’s a must! The trouble is, there’s been nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience… until now.
We are SilverRail, a global tech company working to solve this problem by delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets, making it easy for people to choose rail and cut their carbon emissions.
In Sweden we provide complete technology solutions for the nation’s biggest rail carrier SJ, and our team are focussed on providing the best continuing service for this client while moving forward to future projects. We are using the Agile (Big Room Planning) framework for all our software development, and we believe in ‘fail-fast-fail-early’ to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
Our Swedish HQ is in central Stockholm and we have a satellite office in Norrköping, while our global teams are also based in London, Boston and Brisbane. Our agility and refreshingly novel approaches mean we have already developed into a force to be reckoned with in the rail tech market, but we have ambitions for so much more!
As a Business Data Specialist, you will be part of the Supporting Services team and a very important point of contact and act as an expert with focus on business data/data management, analyzing and solving data related requests. You manage customer requests/issues that are data related, and you also support the internal organization with master data management. You will be an authority within your focus areas and the person both customers and colleagues turn to for advice on functional or strategic choices.
- Handle customer requests (analyze, implement and release data changes).
- Assist with pre-sales and business development initiatives when deeper competence is needed.
- Participate in product development, release and deployment processes.
- Analyse incidents and suggest solutions or workarounds.
- Investigate business data related incidents and carry out corrections.
- Provide support and training to customers and internal organization in the business data management area.
- Continuously improve working practices, documentation/manuals and tools used in business data management.
- Continuously maintain and secure that tools for business data management are updated and are well functioning.
- Keep leading expertise around data management.
Competence and Skills
- Data Management skills and knowledge of SilverRail’s products and solutions.
- Knowledge of how customers use our products within business data area.
- Good knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Good interpersonal communication skills both in Swedish and English (written and spoken).
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Takes responsibility and is self-accountable for data and information quality
- Positive attitude and enjoys helping others.
- Curious and open to learn - You´ll get internal training to get knowledge of how customers use our products within business data area and other areas within Supporting Services team
- We are very centrally located in Stockholm - from your desk you can get to T-centralen or Stockholm City in minutes – and we are a fully accredited flexible working company.
- We provide a wealth of career development opportunities with training that is individual, focused on improving your skills and helping you become the best professional you can be.
- We have a culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing and group development across our global offices.
- A unique opportunity to work for a green tech company that is revolutionising the way we travel.
Our values are simple: Do Good by working for a better tomorrow; Think Big Act Smart by being curious, adaptable and data-driven; and remember that through collaboration we will always be Stronger Together.
*We are a neurodiverse employer and are working hard to improve our recruitment processes, so if there is any way that we can make the recruitment experience better for you then please email us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org - all information will be treated as strictly confidential*