A little flex time
Whereabouts: We are global and hours agnostic, however the Exec Team is currently based In CET-1/CET so you need to be happy to be working synchronously with them regularly during typical European working hours (9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday)
Interviews: Around 4 hours over a few weeks, including some practical work
Salary: Starting* at £51,190.00 globally and $86,657 for US candidates*
Note: We have no “caps” on our salary, and you can read our full compensation philosophy here. If our advertised salary doesn’t suit your current expectations, just let us know. Although we do not negotiate salaries, we may be able to offer the role at a more senior level or with an alternative scope.
Reporting to: Abbie Pugh, our Chief of Staff
Ask us anything: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." -Steve Jobs
🌏 What is Whereby all about
Created with Scandinavian simplicity at heart, Whereby is a remote-first video meetings company on a mission to build a world in which anywhere works. ☁️
We believe in everyone. We see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission. This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Executive Assistant
We're looking for someone with tons of initiative to support our Executive Team. This role will be critical in freeing up our Executive Team to focus on only what they can do: not just by taking on tasks directly, but also by identifying opportunities to help drive consistency and momentum in its operations. Together with our Chief of Staff, they’ll play a key part in keeping the Exec up-to-speed, as well as sharing responsibility for delivering wider company communications.
Your mission at Whereby*
Help the executive team lead with maximum effectiveness by optimizing how they spend their time.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
How we'll measure your success🌟
- The Exec Team can easily and independently self-serve the information it needs to be effective.
- The Exec Team maintains a consistent, high-quality operating and communication cadence.
- The Exec Team spends more time on strategic work, and less on administration.
Your previous experience
- You enjoy working in distributed teams.
- Have supported a team or multiple senior individuals concurrently in a business (rather than just one person as a personal assistant).
- Have operated in fast-moving, ambiguous contexts where quick turnarounds and continuous iterations are required. For example, advertising, start-ups and technology, and venture capital.
Scope of your work
- Maintain a strong understanding of the company’s strategy, goals, market and general operating context to help you prioritize where you (and Exec) should focus time.
- Find ways to reduce the operational cost and increase the quality of any recurring events through tight processes, automation, and other mechanisms (i.e. calendar entries, agendas, speaker lists etc.).
- Draft communications for exec to complete or refine (i.e. emails or presentations). Over time, you should aim to increase the % of content you can create without direction.
Day-to-day of your role
- Calendar management: Schedule internal and external events (well ahead of time wherever possible) and provide any materials or context people need to participate meaningfully; Weed out and resolve clashes in advance; Flag imbalances in how time is being allocated; Ensure any exec absences are logged and visible to others.
- Documentation: deliver a high quality of documentation, such as meetings notes, actions, board packs, and internal communications.
- Travel and events: book flights, accommodation, venues etc. as and when required. Volume of work is somewhat seasonal currently due to the pandemic.
- Event planning and organisation: working with the People Team to bring our whole company together to enjoy all-company socials and travel.
- Submitting expenses: once a month, and we use Pleo so this isn’t too painful!
- We expect you may have strong ambitions to develop within the role, by acquiring new skills or experience, or by becoming best-in-class at what you’re already good at.
- We like to keep a lean team, and though we will grow, we don't think it's a good fit for someone who expects to build out or manage a team of assistants (or other administrative support).
- We welcome ambitions to move sideways in the company should the right opportunity arise: for example, into a marketing or communications role.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to email@example.com. You can always read more about Whereby here on our open handbook.
Note: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.