1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Learning & Development Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative, enthusiastic and engaging People Development Specialist. As the successful candidate you will be responsible for the design, creation and delivery of all the business’ training needs.
As a specialist you will play a key role in ensuring that our people are delivering best-in-class services through a mixture of existing embedded training programmes and new forward-thinking learning initiatives. You’ll be working closely with the People Operations Team to identify skills gaps in the business and drive new initiatives to help support the business through a period of high growth.
You will be working in a fast growing business and will need focus and organisational skills in order to keep pace.
What you’ll do:
- Working with the People Operations Lead to develop and implement an engaging learning and development strategy, aligned to the business objectives
- Creation and management of online and on-demand content on our learning management system, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Playing a key role in maintaining a strong feedback culture, ensuring understanding of DEI, and creating a best-in-class practice for technical skill sets
- Work with stakeholders to develop training to identify knowledge and skills gaps
- Implement measurement targets and track completion rates across all training, evaluating the effectiveness of learning and development activities to make improvements for the future
- Drive career development conversations throughout the business, advising managers and team leads on best practice for supporting their teams
- Coach and influence stakeholders, sharing your suggestions based on business metrics and using the People Ops Team knowledge and data to support with new initiatives
- Being a key contact for all things Google training, by working closely with the Google Partner Development Manager to keep up to date with key partner requirements including certifications and specialisations
- Oversee and manage the completion of mandatory training, required for audit purposes
- Proactively keeping up to date with industry trends and finding new innovate ways to implement changes internally using change management techniques
- Continued development, coordination and analysis of onboarding plans in place to help people ramp up faster
- Taking ownership of engaging our employees in development initiatives via our MyCareer written communications, learning calendar, and on company calls
- Organising both internal and external learning initiatives at multiple levels of scale. From individual training sessions (delivered internally or externally) to year-long programmes to fast-track our peoples’ careers to annual conference-like learning events!
- Experienced in creating, delivering and implementing training both remotely and face to face
- Experience in continuous learning training programmes
- An excellent communicator with a commercial outlook, able to interact with the stakeholders of the business
- A proactive self-starter with initiative who has a desire for continued growth as well as working as part of a team.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Experience coaching individuals
- Approachable and conscientious, a strong team ethic
- Calm and organised, able to manage multi-faceted, fast paced projects
- HR/Training/Learning and Development qualifications or equivalent is desirable but not required
- Basic understanding of the tech industry, in particular, cloud computing
- Experience with learning management systems
- Experience creating online training videos
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary (see our “Fair pay. Done right” commitment below), you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, unlimited paid holidays, regular opportunities to attain industry recognised training and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership).
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
As part of our DNA, we offer a flexible working environment, so we encourage you to apply and ask if this is something you require. This could include working part-time hours, compressed hours or job-sharing.
Our "Fair Pay. Done Right." commitment; We don't advertise salary brackets because we don't have salary brackets. We encourage conversation about your (and our) salary expectations from the off and throughout your time with us, but we don't want to discourage anyone from applying because they are on significantly more or less than a "bracket".
We have offices based in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht. However we are more than happy to consider remote working for this position.
Those who choose to work remotely will be expected to travel to CTS offices very occasionally for specific meetings or events
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at email@example.com for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 230 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.