3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 300 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. In the People and Talent team, we tend to work from home the majority of the week with 1 day a week spent together in the office to collaborate. We are also open to discussing flexible working arrangements for the right person, including part time options.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person. With a team of over 25 different nationalities at carwow, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do, we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
We are growing incredibly quickly! In 2021, we scaled our overall business by approximately 70% and have more exciting growth plans for 2022. Our Talent team of 5 is key to enabling the business to reach its goals and so we are looking for another TA superstar to join our (even if we do say so ourselves) brilliant and very lovely team.
Reporting into the Head of Talent and working closely with the wider People team and Engineering, Product and Design hiring teams, you will manage a variety of roles from sourcing to offer. There will also be plenty of opportunity to push forward wider Talent projects e.g building more diverse talent pipelines, an even stronger brand (both in the UK and Internationally), and training and up skilling interviewers - so there is a real opportunity to really make an impact.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include:
- Owning a number of Tech/Product roles across our various Geographies, working closely with hiring managers with a strong focus on direct sourcing to find the very best talent
- Exploring and introducing ways to drive D&I progress and work alongside Managers to build future talent programmes, finding ways to further diversify our talent pipelines
- Push forward our Tech and Product employer branding efforts e.g. social content, virtual (and hopefully soon in person!) events
- Delivering a world-class candidate experience at all times and finding ways to wow our candidates (excuse the pun!)
- Building talent pools for high-frequency roles/hard to fill roles
- Leveraging data to solve problems and gain insights including funnel conversions
- Keeping our Applicant Tracking System system (Workable) up to date and accurate, advertising roles and helping hiring managers with issues with the system
You will ideally have:
- Previous Tech Talent Acquisition experience within a high growth tech/consumer business so that you can hit the ground running in our busy team
- Strong knowledge of various Sourcing platforms to find talent for hard-to-fill roles, with a ‘hunter’ mindset and a resolve to find the best talent
- Experience of using data to influence key stakeholders and improve hiring success
- Passion for projects - you can lift your head out of the ‘day to day’ to make sure we are achieving our long term vision as well as delivering on our hiring plans
- Previous experience recruiting across our Tech stack would be advantageous - if you have a ready made network of the best and brightest Ruby Devs all the better!
You’ll also be:
- Collaborative - A true “people person” who thrives when building strong relationships
- Adaptable - A team player, happy to flex what you do in line with business
- Data mindset- you use Data to measure impact, spot opportunities and influence
- Proactive - You’re constantly looking for better ways of working and love suggesting new ideas and keeping an eye on new tech
- Effective - you stay organised and on top of many moving parts
- Last but by no means least - you understand the “why” and importance behind everything you do - admin bits of your role aren’t just "admin" to you. You get how everything from timely, well written communications, smooth processes and engaging social content can make all the difference in attracting the best talent
What's on offer
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.