3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
The focus of this role is to facilitate the development implementation of our retailer growth strategy. Working alongside the Commercial Director and Head of Sales to identify and act on opportunities to establish new relationships with larger dealer groups across the UK yet to work with carwow. The Commercial Manager will own planning pilots and programmes of work that effectively demonstrate carwow’s value to key execs at retailers, with a view to building long term partnerships.
Working alongside the Head of Sales, this role will also provide critical feedback and partner engagement into how we continue to build and develop our products and proposition.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, able to bring a variety of parties with strong pitch and programme management skills. A natural at building relationships from the ground up and identifying both short and long term milestones.
What will the role involve?
- Supporting the Head of Sales to execute and deliver on our retailer growth strategy
- Proactively prospecting and engaging of key contacts at target groups
- Design and implementation of pilots and programmes of work to engage new retail groups
- Work closely with our existing Partnership teams to ensure consistent channels of communication on both relationships and our product
- Creation and delivery of beautiful partnership pitch decks
- Using data and insight tools to make your pitches come alive with client-relevant data and information (SQL not necessary, but we need you to know your way around a spreadsheet)
- Ensuring successful delivery of projects by working collaboratively with other teams at carwow and spotting potential problems before they arise
Experience we’re looking for
- Automotive industry experience either at an automotive manufacturer, large dealer group or related industry business
- Demonstrated sales ability
- Experience pitching to C-Suite / Senior individuals
- An eye for detail and a creative approach to solving challenges faced by large retail groups
- Incredible organisation skills - you’ll be juggling clients who are in different stages and all require different approaches
- Strong data skills with the ability to build a cohesive story for our clients using carwow’s vast data set
What's on offer
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.