3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
At Signal AI we want to help organisations identify risks and opportunities and see movements in the market before anyone else. We want to help leaders take bold decisions, safe that the data is on their side. We want to connect all those external data points together, uncover the unknown unknowns, and be at the very heart of the knowledge economy.
We’ve already built a world-class artificial intelligence platform for real-time information aggregation and analysis at a massive scale. We proved our value with monitoring and measurement products in the PR&Comms space, and are now joining the dots beyond.
We are friendly and informal people who are passionate about our brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment, welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, and together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
We have just completed a $50M D series led by Highland Europe plus previous backers Redline, MMC and Hearst and Guardian Media Group - this brings our total funding to date to around $100M.
About the role - Who are you?
We’re looking for a strong leader with technical experience to support the growth and evolution of IT, cloud infrastructure and security & risk management.
Your focus will be on strategic planning, cloud infrastructure, network, budgetary requirements and people management responsibilities within that space. Help define and support services and help desk strategy (about 5-10% of your time).
You’ll spend your time:
- establishing and championing an incremental cloud strategy that supports the large scale distributed systems needed for the future growth of the business
- proactively driving multiple initiatives across multiple teams, utilising effective SLA/SLO/SLI to achieve the necessary outcomes for that strategy
- building effective forecasts and budgets to support initiatives and wider company alignment
- continuously assessing our security landscape, evolving and executing on a security roadmap as needed
- defining additional company-wide initiatives and working effectively across multiple teams to successfully deliver
- Work with the overall Signal AI engineering team to evolve the company incident management approach
- Work with the rest of the Technology organisation in hiring strategy and execution
- supporting and developing individuals through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with key people within our IT and SRE teams
You should apply if:
- you have previous experience with budgetary responsibilities
- you have previous experience managing the performance and development of people
- you have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and are comfortable expressing your ideas to multiple audiences
- you have an ability to collaborate and influence without relying on authority
- You have experience in collaboratively defining and rolling out a strategy that will support and accelerate the business goals
- you are comfortable with and excited by a fast-paced and often changing environment, eager to solve new problems and learn new skills in order to succeed
At Signal, we strongly believe that diverse teams perform better. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where our employees feel welcomed, valued and listened to - an environment where they can thrive being their true selves.
You’ll get the opportunity to be part of something really exciting. You’ll be a key player in helping to shape Signal AI now and in the years to come. Here’s how we enable Signallers to do their best work:
- Share options - we all own a piece of Signal AI, so we’ll all get to enjoy our success
- Hybrid Working Environment - we have a hybrid remote policy where you will be able to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
- Summer & Winter Fully remote blocks
- Health Cash Plan
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Pension plan
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Dependents Leave policies
- Access to free therapists via Spill
- And more …