1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Scout is the on-demand, “plug and play” talent team of choice for the likes of TrueLayer, Pleo, Callsign, Yoti, WeGift, Beauty Pie and many other exciting startup businesses. We’re on a mission to democratise hiring for founder led start-ups, and give everyone a fair, equal and affordable opportunity to hire the best talent. Since our launch in September 2020, we’ve saved our clients $3m on hiring costs, and we’re just getting started. In just over a year we’ve grown from 2 to a team of 34, and are on track to be 100+ in the next 3 years! We're also proud to be a Flexa certified start up, offering a genuinely flexible working environment for our team! You can check out the details here! Our Vision?
A world where it's way easier for Founder's and CEO's to grow and scale their businesses
To transform how companies hire, by giving them access to their very own 'plug and play' talent team. To leave every business we work with in a much better place than they were before
Above & Beyond
We deliver more than expected, not just for clients, but for colleagues too
You'll get honest opinions, and advice. No blaming, blagging or lies
Less Me, More We
It's amazing what you can accomplish when you don't care who takes the credit
Interested? Let’s talk...
The Role2022 is a big year for us, as we embark on the journey to double in size from c.30 to 60+ people, and also set up our US team in New York! This role will act as one of the first key hires for us in our brand new US team, which is really exciting. You’ll be embedded into one of our US clients as an Internal Talent Partner. You're plugged into email, ATS, internal comms and so on, and you act as that lynchpin to ensuring ongoing success when it comes to Talent Acquisition objectives for our clients.
You'll be a hands-on recruiter, still heavily focused on your own sourcing efforts, but you'll also have a wider team to lean on should you need it, via our regular team 'sourcing sessions' (which you will find out more about if you interview!)
Aside from hands-on hiring of roles, it's vital you truly embed yourself into the culture of the business you are working with- getting involved with company-led initiatives and events, becoming one of them.
Aside from the above, you will play a crucial role in the building of our US team and business. As one of the first few hires, you will be quickly invovled in interviewing other new hires, helping to define what 'Scout NYC' looks like as a business and how we we grow and scale in the States.
What does this role look like?
- Embed as a Talent Partner for one of our clients
- Fully plug into their business; Email, Slack, Comms, Culture etc
- Play an end-to-end role in the hiring process, from scoping requirements through to onboarding of new starters
- Help advise where needed on additional Talent initiatives (ATS systems, Processes, Diversity challenges etc)
- Ensure sourcing objectives are met (e.g. 2 hires per month)
- Ensure monthly renewal of your account
- Maintain healthy feedback scores from your client each month
- Contribute to the sourcing of other commercial roles across the scout business alongside the team.
- Contribute to the growth, and shaping of the scout business as we continue our journey to becoming a leading name in the embedded talent space.
- Contribute to the building of the Scout NYC team and business.
We’re pretty open minded, but we think you’ll likely be able to show the following experience:
- 3+ years experience in non-tech recruitment (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR)
- Evidence of close working relationships with clients - ability to impact on a higher level than simply filling roles.
- Previous experience hiring for scale ups/small businesses
- Super organised
- A need to ‘over communicate’
- Team Player - a ‘less me, more we’ attitude
- Proactive, positive, creative mindset
We’re still very young, but are already proud to be able to offer:
- $60k-$80k basic salary (depending on experience) plus commission (OTE circa $7k but uncapped)
- 30 Days Holiday (+ Your Birthday Off! 🎂)
- Enhanced Parental Leave 👶
- Free Membership to 'Sprout' - Parental Perks & Discount Platform
- DoorDash Fridays- Virtual lunch, and it’s on us! 🍔
- We're a fully flexible business. You can choose from working at home or the office
- Expensed travel to client sites
- Company Laptop
- Home Set Up budget ($700)
- L&D budget ($700) to spend on your professional or personal growth & development
- Christmas Season working hours- weeks either side of Christmas 🎄
- Quarterly 'Scoutstanding' Award - You decide who in the team deserves a £500 / $700 treat for being awesome
- Scout Socials- we have monthly social meet ups- often virtual as a wider team!
Want to find out more about us? Check out our Public Playbook for a closer peek at our Culture, Values, and Perks
We’re committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We actively encourage applications from everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We also encourage people to apply for the above role, even if they don't meet every single requirement.