1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
The Netherlands based Chief Technology Officer (NL CTO) for GCP will own the technical relationship with Google NL, will ensure the success of our customers’ cloud journey’s, primarily focused on data analytics alongside rapid migrations and subsequent modernisation. You are personally seen as the thought leader of the NL GCP community inside CTS, and you’ll also be a brand ambassador within the wider industry by building relationships with key Google technologists, writing or recording public content, speaking at events, etc.
You will help to define repeatable solutions that address opportunities in the local market, and ensure CTS consistently delivers high quality engagements with GCP. The success of this role will be defined by:
- Consistent order intake (sales) growth, inline or exceeding our targets for the NL GCP team
- Customer success and satisfaction with all of the GCP services delivered by CTS and our long term customer engagements
If you have a technology leadership background (ideally leading GCP deployments and their adoption), experience in driving consulting outcomes, a passion for the platform - plus an ability to persuasively articulate it’s benefits, and are passionate about providing a great service for customers, this job would be a great opportunity for you.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to recruitment of new team members, carrying out interviews and assessments to ensure new hires are a good fit for the team.
- Foster strong relationships with Googlers to identify opportunities in the market and become their go to partner
- Provide leadership and clarity of vision to customers in the pre-sales process by supporting the creation of Statement of Works in a timely manner.
- Contribute to identifying and developing repeatable technical solutions that solve key business challenges
- Where possible, develop templates and encourage the use of repeatable materials
Implementation & CSAT:
- Have accountability for the quality of High Level Design (HLDs) and close collaboration with the delivery teams delivering Low Level Designs and it’s successful implementation. Responsibility rests with the team leads, with whom you will need to collaborate with to ensure success.
- Customer CSAT for all GCP ProServ and MSP engagements. Ultimately, you are on the hook for the technical / design success of all GCP projects and GCP MSP deployments.
- Have a keen eye for detail over metrics, processes and materials to support the GCP engagements.
- Communicate with customers as the point of escalation for issues arising with projects or support assigned to the GCP Team. You would work closely with Project Managers and Account Managers to communicate effectively with customers.
- Lead on how we innovate to improve results for our clients.
Learning & Development:
- Ensure your team members have appropriate assets, skills and support. Set their Learning & Development paths (L&D) working with the People Team. Work with the engineering leads to ensure L&D is aligned across the GCP team.
- Collaborate with the engineering leads regarding training of the wider team to make sure we are utilising modern frameworks and new technologies which will meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Provide thought leadership on the adoption of GCP (and the relevant Open Source / ISV) technologies, both supporting others and personally delivering talks, whitepapers and other materials. CTS wants to continue to live to its highest standards and aspire to be the global GCP Partner of the Year.
- Provide clear reasoned feedback from the field into Google on suggested changes to their GCP platforms, partner programmes and methodologies. You will be known as a trusted expert they can rely on.
- Been there and done it. Clear documented experience of leading a team(s) that focus on delivering projects and / or support to external customers.
- Ability to hold highest level relevant certifications with Google.
- Experience of delivering GCP and other projects for external customers.
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment with teams providing technical and functional services.
- Track record of successful project delivery and of maintaining productivity and motivation within teams.
- Drive the renewal and continued use of CTS services, including licensing and support.
- Great communication skills.
- P&L responsibility and commercial acumen around customer proposals and pricing models.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get a high spec laptop and company contributed pensions as standard.
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.