At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small distributed team working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and Github - with over 40,000 members on Slack - where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
What would you do at Prisma?
You will be leading the effort to formalize our education efforts and build a Prisma Certification exam.
Your goal would be to increase awareness & spread the word about Prisma in terms of understanding of the product, adoption and utilisation to its full capacity
- Work with engineers, product managers and users to create a shared understanding (role scope) of the topics which we should cover.
- Create the relevant materials and assessments, and build prototypes with some input from engineers and product managers.
- Manage training and certification assets and updates over time
- Select and manage vendors related to training and certification.
What are the requirements?
We believe that the right person would have the following:
- You have 2+ years of experience with technical education.
- You have some experience with creating technical certifications.
- You can communicate fluently in English and can express your thoughts clearly in writing.
The following would also be super helpful:
- You care about the developer experience people have while interacting with a tool
- You enjoy working closely with your peers and proactively seek to help others
- You seek feedback early and often and are not afraid to ask for help
What's it like to work at Prisma?
You are likely to be a great for the team if you:
...have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
...stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
...be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is entirely up to you! We offer generous relocation assistance if you prefer the latter.
What's in it for you
- Competitive compensation including a commensurate Stock Option Package.
- 24 Days Paid Time Off per year.
- A generous tech-budget to get you all the latest hardware and software that you need.
- Twenty-four days paid time off.
- Subsidised ergonomic chair.
- [US] 401k Matching, Health-, Vision-, and Dental Cover.
- Access to remote-working offices in your area.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume), Github Repo, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.