Various work from home options
Peppy is a B2B digital health startup on a mission to bring expert healthcare to everyone.
We fill some of the biggest gaps in healthcare by providing expert-led, personalised support to people when they need it most, all on a secure mobile app. The areas we support include fertility, menopause, pregnancy, early parenthood and men’s health (with more to come).
Over one million people across the UK now have access to Peppy through their employer or private medical insurance. With Peppy, they can connect with a human expert over chat or video call, engage with a community of like-minded users and turn to a library of events, articles and videos, all at the touch of a button.
We work with over 50 employers and insurers (and counting!), including Microsoft, Santander, Accenture, Aviva and SAP. Peppy helps them look after their people when they need it most, and to build an employer brand that helps them stand out from the crowd.
Demand for Peppy has never been higher. We recently announced our $10m Series A fundraise, and we have huge growth plans to scale our existing product, launch new services and expand internationally.
We’re looking for a Research & Evidence Lead to join Peppy's fast-growing team, who want to play a role in the next chapter of our journey and be part of a force for good in the world.
As our Research & Evidence Lead, you will:
- Have overall responsibility for designing and executing Peppy’s research and evidence roadmap with a goal of (i) evaluating health outcomes and impact for our user populations and (ii) evaluating the payor ROI for Peppy
- Figure what data matters, conduct the data analysis and, seek opportunities for grants/funding for new projects
- Develop and coordinate research studies and strategies that are pragmatic, innovative and scientifically robust
- Design research plans, handle ethics committee submissions and undertake robust analyses and derive data-driven insights
- Identify and create opportunities for our studies to be conducted independently, peer reviewed or published externally
- Work closely with our clinical leads and academic other external partners. Ensure partners are engaged and manage these relationships. Identify networking opportunities and partnerships for the purposes of building scientific and clinical credibility, and for mutual benefit in the sharing and dissemination of information.
- Interfacing and influencing a diverse range of stakeholders and scientific external experts in order to deliver studies
- Serve as a resident research point of contact both internally and externally.
Who we're looking for:
- You have a MSc, PhD or other research qualification in a scientific or healthcare field, along with experience working in a professional research setting. Understanding of health economics is helpful.
- Ability to understand and apply research in a healthcare context. Work to tight deadlines and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with research methodologies to facilitate innovative and efficient research/trial design from concept study idea to publication, with clear data-driven decision rules.
- Strong technical background in order to adequately design studies to address the product's capabilities.
- Strong understanding of analytical and statistical methods and visualisation techniques to make correct inferences and conclusions.
- Experience in navigating funding and in securing the best funding option (considering, criteria, expectations, constraints) for our specific situations.
Who you are:
- You enjoy working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to make projects happen
- You’re hungry to join an exciting startup. You’ll get excited about the prospect of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in. Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- You’re collaborative and respectful as a team player. You positively contribute to Peppy as a team. You’re supportive and see success as team success.
- You’re committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries and excellence. You demonstrate passion and you’re willing to go the extra mile.
- You take ownership of your deliverables and you admit your mistakes. You take responsibility and you’re proactive in identifying solutions.
Bonus points, if you also have:
- Experience in working in a start-up environment that has raised funding.
- Experience in applying the above experience for digital health solutions
Why Join Peppy?
We are a new and exciting start-up in the digital health space, and this is a great opportunity to work within a mission driven, lively & diverse team in a fast-paced and high growth environment. As a Research & Evidence Lead you will get a competitive salary, employee stock options and the opportunity to work in a remote first workplace.
- A 25 day paid holiday allowance plus public holidays
- New MacBook Air & company phone (we will send this out via courier a few days before you join!)
- Remote-first environment where you can choose to work from home, in a shared office or anything in between; You’ll have the option to choose between a WeWork All Access pass or a work-from-home allowance
- Vitality Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- A 5% pension scheme - Peppy will start paying a percentage of your salary towards your pension.
- Enhanced Family Leave policy (maternity leave / paternity leave)
- Access to the Peppy app!
- Learning & Development culture. We run bi-weekly lunch & learns and there's lots of opportunity to pick up new skills and push forwards your own personal development.
Equality & Diversity
Peppy's mission is to help people in life's most challenging journeys. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-econimic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.