Various work from home options
Peppy is a B2B digital health startup on a mission to bring expert healthcare to everyone.
We fill some of the biggest gaps in healthcare by providing expert-led, personalised support to people when they need it most, all on a secure mobile app. The areas we support include fertility, menopause, pregnancy, early parenthood and men’s health (with more to come).
Over 800,000 people across the UK now have access to Peppy through their employer or private medical insurance. With Peppy, they can connect with a human expert over chat or video call, engage with a community of like-minded users and turn to a library of events, articles and videos, all at the touch of a button.
We work with over 40 employers and insurers (and counting!), including Clifford Chance, Santander, Wickes and NHS trusts. Peppy helps them look after their people when they need it most, and to build an employer brand that helps them stand out from the crowd.
Demand for Peppy has never been higher. We’ve just announced our $10m Series A fundraise, and we have huge growth plans to scale our existing product, launch new services and expand internationally.
We’re looking for a Chief Sub Editor to join Peppy's fast-growing team, who want to play a role in the next chapter of our journey and be part of a force for good in the world.
Working with Peppy’s health experts and our Head of Content, you will be sub-editing health and medical content for use across our app and other platforms.
As Peppy’s chief sub-editor you will know your en dashes from your em dashes and have strong ideas about which one needs to be used where. You will be responsible for building our style guide and enforcing Peppy’s house style across all app content.
You will also be managing the flow of a complex content production process that serves the needs of users across our men’s health, menopause, fertility and baby services. So, a key interest (and ideally, experience) in any – or all – in health and medical journalism is helpful.
Your mission is to make sure all Peppy content is wordperfect, that references are up to date and accurate and that our written words always delight our users.
In Peppy’s fast-paced, accelerated growth environment, your challenge will be to do all this quickly without sacrificing accuracy, attention to detail and content organisation.
Peppy is a remote-first organisation so the right candidate can choose to work either from home, from one of our coworking spaces (if London-based) or a hybrid model of both.
As our Chief Sub Editor, you will be:
- Using and checking references for accuracy.
- Creating Peppy’s definitive style guide
- Sub-editing and proofreading all content.
- Writing stand out heads, sells, sub-heads and captions.
- Editing expert-written pieces to house style.
- Retaining impeccable records.
- Organising the day-to-day production and flow of all content using spreadsheets.
- Uploading and sub-editing content into our CMS platform.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are already a sub-editor with production editing responsibilities and experience and looking to make a move into the fast-paced healthtech startup world.
- You will be proficient in editing, proofreading and sub-editing, as well as production managing our fast-paced editorial flow using Excel spreadsheets.
- You’re experienced at dealing with expert contributors and a team of editors/writers
- You’re proficient at writing creatively, but also of turning dry medical content into compelling, practical, useful content that always puts the user at its centre.
- You have a strong eye for detail and command of the English language, especially grammar and punctuation.
- You are passionate about content accuracy and checking medical and scientific references.
- You’re a self-starter who is comfortable working on multiple projects at once and have excellent organisational skills. You can manage your own workflow and the flow of content from the editorial team – you’re a big fan of organising copy.
- You can also transform a piece of expert-written content into a compelling must-read.
Bonus points, if you also have:
- Experience using Contentful, CMS platform
- Any experience in Health writing and reporting
Who you are:
- You have an innate interest in health and wellbeing. You’ll be motivated by the idea of being part of a force for good and bringing health support to millions.
- You will be hungry to join an exciting startup. You’ll get excited about the prospect of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in.
- You’re collaborative and respectful as a team player. You positively contribute to Peppy as a team. You’re supportive and see success as team success.
- You’re committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries and excellence. You demonstrate passion and you’re willing to go the extra mile.
- You take ownership of your deliverables and you admit your mistakes. You take responsibility and you’re proactive in identifying solutions.
Why Join Peppy?
We are a new and exciting start-up in the digital health space, and this is a great opportunity to work within a mission driven, lively and diverse team in a fast-paced and high growth environment. As a Chief Sub Editor, you will get a competitive salary, employee stock options and the opportunity to work in a remote first workplace.
- A 25 day paid holiday allowance plus public holidays
- New MacBook Air & company sim card (we will send this out via courier a few days before you join!)
- Remote-first environment where you can choose to work from home, in a shared office or anything in between; You’ll have the option to choose between a WeWork All Access pass or a work-from-home allowance
- Vitality Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- A 5% pension scheme - Peppy will start paying a percentage of your salary towards your pension.
- Enhanced Family Leave policy (maternity leave / paternity leave)
- Access to the Peppy app!
- Learning & Development culture. We run bi-weekly lunch & learns and there's lots of opportunity to pick up new skills and push forwards your own personal development.
Equality & Diversity
Peppy's mission is to help people in life's most challenging journeys. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-econimic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.