Various work from home options
TrueLayer’s Payments Team is building a next generation payment solution across Europe and the rest of the world. Our goal is to replace cards as the dominant payment method online with modern bank payments - an experience that’s faster, cheaper, and more reliable for businesses and quicker, easier, and safer for users.
As TrueLayer leverages a new wave of regulation to enable better payment solutions, the Payment Gateway Team builds and maintains the core payments API that lets developers easily integrate TrueLayer’s Payments product and make it seamless for their users to make payments. The API is also used as the foundation for a number of our out-of-the-box experiences, including the Hosted Payments Page and our SDKs. We are the leader in Open Banking Payments in Europe and are currently expanding across the world.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the team in managing the growth of our Payments API to tens of millions of transactions per day and beyond!
We want our Product Managers to be passionate about solving problems with exceptionally high analytical quality, as we continue in our journey to push financial technology forward.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good.
We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
What you will do:
- Set the strategy for the Payments Gateway team and help us discover how we can make payments seamless for our clients and their users
- Co-own, with the Engineering Lead, the delivery of the strategy and roadmap for the Payments Gateway, from functionality ideation, testing, to launch and on-going iterations, based on both product and technical initiatives
- Work closely with the other payments teams to align roadmaps and features as our product teams continue to launch new ways to make and manage payments across Europe and around the world
- Collaborate with the commercial teams on go-to-market strategies for the Payments Gateway
- Collect feedback from internal and external stakeholders to advocate for new features that will help us build the best products for our clients
- Work with other exceptionally talented and motivated global peers to shape our products and features
We’re looking for people who:
- Have over 5 years of product management or equivalent experience in a Product-first company;
- Experience managing a digital product used by a technical user base - this could include APIs, SaaS, PaaS - over the entire product lifecycle, from conception to general availability
- Have experience working with engineers to launch merchant/developer-facing products
- Have a developer-facing mindset and are able to put themselves in the shoes of our clients, building products that make developer’s lives easier
- Are comfortable optimising user journeys and thinking about conversion funnels
- Are comfortable working in a new, open area and being creative with how to approach it
- Experience with operational success - such as handling customers support, incident management and other regular business operations.
- Can act on data without relying on the complete picture to be built for them (results driven); prioritisation is your strength, and you have the ability to win consensus for your ideas amongst your stakeholders, including the product, commercial, marketing and legal teams.
- Conceiving ideas and strategy that move the needle on organisation objectives
- Can strike the perfect balance between strategic visionary and tactical operator
- Are customer- and user-focused; everything you do, you do it to create a platform that our clients and their users love
- Would consider themselves a “people-person” - equally comfortable gathering user feedback, presenting your ideas to engineers or reporting your KPIs back to your product team - communication is key
- Enjoy working in cross-functional teams with people from all over the world. Our ambitions are global, and so is the exceptional team we’ve built
Nice to have:
- Specific experience working with a financial product
- Experience launching and operationalising high throughput critical business systems/APIs
- Start-up experience
- Experience working in a technical role - maybe as a Technical Product Manager, or even as an Engineer/Data Scientist
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌍
At TrueLayer, we embrace people that have different perspectives and personalities. We believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do.