Various work from home options
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the Role...
In this newly created role, the successful candidate will take responsibility for our billing process and revenue recognition. The position also brings with it a significant amount of exposure to our customer base of fintechs, banks and FX brokers as well as being a key commercial business partner to our global sales team. This role is critical for our continued growth as we seek to continue our rapid growth and customer acquisition, and as such there is a great deal of scope for personal development.
- Ownership of the billing process from sales order to cash, including the scoping, design and implementation of process and system improvements
- Act as key customer contact for queries on invoices raised
- Responsible for contributing to and applying revenue recognition accounting policies
- Reconciliation of deferred income accounts
- Partner across the business to integrate new products and commercial models into the billing process and work with Business Intelligence, Product and Technology teams to ensure accuracy in the data used
- Work closely with Sales teams to analyse reasons for variances in revenue against forecast and prior periods
- Manage credit controller and oversee cash collection cycle
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- Be a qualified accountant, with industry experience within a billing function
- Ability to problem solve by devising both tactical and longer term strategic solutions
- Have a track record of working within organisations operating complex, multifaceted commercial models
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of revenue recognition principles under UK GAAP, having US GAAP knowledge would be advantageous
- Possess analytical skills and be able to communicate findings to commercial stakeholders
- Highly collaborative, able to exert influence across functionsComfortable working with large datasets and to meet tight deadlines
- Background in Fintech/SaaS/Technology sector
- Experience using Salesforce and Netsuite is beneficial but not essential
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs