Various work from home options
Sales Development Representative
French speaker (Remote based in Europe)
Element is the startup which employs the core team behind Matrix— the leading project for secure, open decentralised communication.
Matrix’s mission is to make messaging as open as email— allowing everyone to choose where their data is hosted, enjoy private conversations and ultimately be in control of their own communication.
We build open alternatives to apps like WhatsApp, Slack, Teams & more. Our early adopters include The French Government, we have delivered the world’s largest ever single contract for collaboration software supporting German schools with remote learning and more recently have welcomed the entire health care system of Germany on to Matrix. We’ve welcomed open source communities like Mozilla, KDE, GNOME and Wikimedia and are working towards gaining traction in personal messaging.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and strategic Business /Sales Development Representative (BDR/ SDR), to join our growing team.
In October 2019, we raised $8.5 million in a Series-A funding round from London’s leading SaaS VCs as well as an additional $4.6M from Automattic (the company behind WordPress) in April 2020. In July 2021, we raised another $30 million in Series-B funding . We’re at the cusp of Element uncontrollably exploding across our computers and phones in much the same manner that Netscape once did in the early days of the Web - or email did over the early Internet. The world has truly woken up to the age of decentralised communication. The US congress is releasing the ACCESS Act bill to enforce interoperability and data portability between platforms; the EU is pushing forwards with the Digital Markets Act for the same.
We're now aiming to reinforce the commercial side of the business, for both SaaS and Professional Services, and looking for an enthusiastic and strategic Business /Sales Development Representatives (BDR/ SDR), to join our growing team.
In this role, you get the opportunity to lead the initial outreach to targeted (Commercial or Enterprise) accounts, leveraging creative marketing and sales tactics to prospect and engage with multiple buyer personas and roles to introduce Element’s value. You will be responsible for generating qualified meetings and pipeline for the Element’s Sales organization. There is a real opportunity for significant growth in responsibility over time.
- Effectively manage inbound lead flow as well as executing outbound prospecting initiatives
- Conduct high-level discovery conversations in target accounts
- Meet or exceed SDR sourced Sales Accepted Leads (SAL) volume targets
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities
- Utilise business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts
- Work to have a variety of touches (call, email, social, etc.) on all leads in your assigned territory using tools like Outplay.io
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Pipedrive
- Participate in documenting all processes in the Element handbook and update as needed with in collaboration with the rest of the Sales team
- Work in collaboration with Marketing to drive attendance at regional marketing events
- Attend events to engage with participants identify opportunities, and to schedule meetings
- Work in collaboration with Marketing to develop targeted marketing tactics against your assigned target accounts
- We’re a diverse team and we’re looking for you to bring your own unique flavour to the SDR role!
While being passionate about helping customers to buy, you will have a strong curiosity and appreciation of open source technology. You will be looking forward to making a real impact to the world by distributing tech which addresses concrete and very topical pain points. By growing the Matrix footprint you will be helping users to take back control of their communications.
More concretely, we will expect you to have:
- Fluency in spoken and written French. Globally we require excellent written and spoken English which is our company language
- 2+ years work experience in a professional environment
- Previous tech industry experience or experience in sales development, marketing and/or sales is a plus
- Outbound prospecting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of business process, roles, and organisational structure
- Positive and energetic phone skills together with excellent listening skills
- A track record of successful, credible achievements - you're a natural self-starter, with a desire to grow and win
- Passionate about being a part of Element’s journey - you share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- An interest in technology, in particular privacy focused and open source
- Proficient in using a CRM and LinkedIn
- Excited by the prospect of working cross-functionally with sales and marketing departments. You'll have exposure to different departments like Sales, Marketing, which will help you determine your career path at Element.
Our products are for everyone, and we know we cannot succeed without a diverse team. Our hiring process is designed to be humane and give candidates the best possible chance to show us what you can do. If we ever fall down on this, please let us know.
Our general approach is to treat people like adults and acknowledge that by being flexible we create an environment for people to do their best work. For more details here is our manifesto. That said specific points that differentiate us:
- A competitive salary, bonus and meaningful equity options
- Family friendly environment, many of the team have small children and we look to accommodate that as best we can
- People tend to stay with the company for a long time, we take this a sign that we have a cohesive supportive culture, that we have engaging challenging work and that people can develop their skills and careers here for the long term
- Training and development opportunities
Element does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.