Various work from home options
We’re the team behind Matrix—the leading project for secure, open decentralised communication and Element— the all-in-one secure chat app for teams, friends and organisations. Our mission is to make messaging as open as email— allowing everyone to choose where their data is hosted, enjoy private conversations and ultimately be in control of their own communication.
We build open alternatives to apps like WhatsApp, Slack, Teams & more. Our early adopters include The French Government, and open source communities like Mozilla, KDE, GNOME and Wikimedia, while we’re working towards gaining traction in personal messaging.
We build things for everyone, and we know we can’t succeed without a diverse team. Our hiring process is designed to be respectful and give candidates the best chance to show us what you can do. If we ever fall down on this, please let us know.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Pre-Sales Engineer, to join our fast-growing sales team in a technical and mission-driven environment.
As a Pre-Sales Engineer at Element, you will get the opportunity to contribute to the success of the business by providing technical knowledge during the sales cycle. You will be the trusted advisor to the customer when it comes to understanding our offering and can drill down in all the dimensions of the product, from sizing and architecture to mobile clients, from encryption to integration and extension, from VOIP to integration with popular Enterprise backend services.
- Be the trusted advisor for our prospective customers and provide consulting-like engagements to help them in their strategy and evaluation of solutions.
- Partner up with your Account Executive to drive complex enterprise sales to success.
- Be the voice of your customers and provide feedback internally on new features, product gaps, what works exceptionally well, or what needs improvement.
- Understand market trends in the space of collaboration and build a deep understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Work hand in hand with Professional Services to understand the arcane of Element and Matrix to ensure a superior customer experience.
- Run standard demonstrations, build small ad hoc integration for specific use cases.
- Participate in the open source community and contribute to the projects.
While being passionate about customers and fully committed to providing them with value and a successful journey, you will have a strong curiosity and appreciation of open source technology, and will be looking forward to making a real impact to the world by distributing tech which addresses concrete and very topical pain points.
More concretely, we will expect you to have:
- Ideally 8+ years experience in technical sales to Fortune-100 and/or public sector clients.
- Some successful experience in SaaS products and open source.
- Also an understanding of on-premise software along with Professional Services.
- An ability to understand business requirements and map them to use cases and features that we can offer.
- Proven experience is required in the following fields: Directory services (LDAP / AD / OIDC), SSO, Database architectures and high availability.
- Experience in the following fields would be very nice to have: iOS, Android, kubernetes, Postgres, Python, Golang, E2EE, VoIP and some exposure to the specificities of a decentralized architecture.
Our general approach is to treat people like adults and acknowledge that by being flexible we create an environment for people to do their best work. For more details here is our manifesto. That said specific points that differentiate us include:
- Since our technology is relevant to anything that requires real-time comms, the role provides exposure to a wide range of domains from web and app dev through to VR, VoIP and IoT.
- Generous holiday allowance, private healthcare for you and your family and opportunities for development and progression as we scale.
- Family friendly environment, many of the team have small children and we look to accommodate that as best we can.
- People tend to stay with the company for a long time, we take this as a sign that we have a cohesive, supportive culture, that we have engaging challenging work and that people can develop their skills and careers here for the long term.
Element does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits