Various work from home options
TrueLayer’s Payments UX Team is building a next generation payment solution across Europe and the rest of the world. Our goal is to replace cards as the dominant payment method online with modern bank payments - an experience that’s faster, cheaper, and more reliable for businesses and quicker, easier, and safer for users.
As TrueLayer leverages a new wave of regulation to enable better payment solutions, the Payment UX Team builds tools to let developers easily integrate TrueLayer’s Payments product and make it seamless for their users to make payments. We are the leader in Open Banking Payments in Europe and are currently expanding across the world.
Working at a rapidly growing fintech, you’ll encounter new and exciting challenges as we scale our products and infrastructure to meet the demands of our customers, and expand our ecosystem to open up new possibilities. Guided by our Engineering Principles, you’ll collaborate on the design, implementation, delivery and operation of our products — in short: you’ll build it, you’ll run it!
In addition to working with modern development frameworks and cloud technologies, we are committed to helping you develop new skills and advance in your career. Whether you want to continue to grow your technical expertise or move into leadership, we have clear and tangible paths for everyone, irrespective of your level of experience, role or discipline
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
As one of our mobile engineers, you will:
- Design, build and maintain Android tooling (SDKs/Libraries/Examples) so our clients can provide an exceptional user experience
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers and customer support to make sure what we’re building meets our clients needs
- Lead brainstorming for technical solutions and clearly articulate tradeoffs backed with data
- Help us grow our mobile team and define our best practices for mobile development
- Conduct code reviews and share knowledge with other engineers to maximise everyone’s potential and growth
- Contribute to our culture, and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work
- Experience developing mobile apps in Kotlin or Java
- An understanding of mobile user interface best practices and the impact it has on customers interactions with products
- Communicate effectively - you can speak in appropriate technical depth, back up your assertions with data, and you love proposing actionable solutions
- Are thoroughly passionate about the products you build, and driven by empathy for the customer - you wouldn’t ship something that you wouldn’t use yourself
- Experience writing automated tests for mobile platforms
- A keen interest in the latest mobile development trends
- Role model our values and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work
We’d be particularly excited if you have:
- Experience building native mobile SDKs
- Exposure to Jetpack Compose
- Understanding of OAuth2 and OIDC;
- Experience working on payments products
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌍
£55,000/yr - £75,000/yr + Equity
Inclusion & Diversity
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).
We look forward to hearing from you!