Various work from home options
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
We're looking for an experienced Events Manager to take our events programme to the next level. You’ll be responsible for delivering seamlessly organised, memorable events (in-person and virtual) that build our brand globally. You’ll own and drive our brand events calendar, managing fintech, tech, open banking, payments and culture/networking events, measuring their impact to ensure they’re supporting our business goals.
You will be responsible for all elements of event management, from concept to on-site execution, on time, to budget, and to the highest standard. You will be detail-oriented, have a knack for multitasking, and know how to win people over.
You’ll have plenty of support from your teammates in marketing – we are a cross-functional group of generalists, strategists, and creatives. We’re passionate about building a category-defining brand, and making sure every customer has a great experience with TrueLayer, no matter what stage of the journey they are at.
As Events Manager for brand events, you will:
- Lead our brand events strategy and refine it over time as we learn which events are most impactful in supporting and enabling our brand activities
- Manage events on-site, ensuring they run smoothly, efficiently and on schedule
- Launch and manage our flagship TrueLayer conferences in the UK and Europe, working closely with marketing, commercial, product and engineering colleagues to ensure its success
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders such as our Brand team to execute on your project plans – this will include events, PR, content, product marketing, outbound campaigns and more
- Build strong relationships with external stakeholders, such as suppliers, agencies, speakers, customers, community partners, media contacts, and attendees, to ensure that all deliverables and objectives are met for events
- Stay on top of the latest fintech and payments industry trends and events, securing the best best speaking and sponsorship opportunities for TrueLayer
- Manage speaker and attendee journeys pre, during and post event to ensure that the overall experience is positive and exceeds expectations
- Ensure post event process is executed successfully, and that key performance metrics and ROI are reported back to identify the most successful channels and make iterations to the plan
- Own the budget for events, ensuring that events remain within budget
- Drive continual improvement and best practice across all events and identify and suggest potential channels for future growth for TrueLayer
- Provide event support to our global marketing teams for brand events, where needed.
What we need from you:
- Significant experience delivering successful high-profile events
- Project management of a range of event formats, including expos and user conferences
- Highly organised and detail oriented
- Previous experience working in events management in-house for a brand
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience covering the breadth of event management, including logistics, event marketing and speaker outreach
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable dealing with a wide range of senior stakeholders – internal and external
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the business demands (international travel will be required, as will occasional evenings and weekends)
- A bias towards action and getting things done
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience working at a tech, SaaS or high-growth company
- An interest in fintech
- An understanding of API technology, open banking and/or payments
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌍
Inclusion & Diversity
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).