Various work from home options
At TrueLayer, we want the financial system to work for everyone — so we've made it our mission to open up access and put fintech at people's fingertips.
The Data Products group at TrueLayer is focussed on reducing the cost and friction involved in financial transactions by securely accessing the customer’s financial data using Open Banking. We are entering an exciting phase in our journey whereby we are re-architecting our stack to become a platform that will allow us and other teams to build customer-facing use cases faster. We are also looking at ways of leveraging user data to create network effects for our business which will be a game changer for us. At the same time our APIs need to keep supporting existing and new customers, honouring our 99.9% availability SLA in the face of higher and higher request volumes.
It is an exciting and challenging journey - we are looking to hire you, a Principal Engineer, to help us along the way.
- We want to continuously iterate and improve our offering without compromising the stability or long-term maintainability of our systems.
- We serve millions of API requests with a 99.9% availability SLA. Our platform must remain a reliable foundation that our customers can build upon as we expand (new products, new geographies, more volume).
- We want TrueLayer to be an exceptional place to work. We want our processes and interactions to stay honest, genuine and human as the company grows.
- We want our engineers to grow with us. To have the opportunity, the guidance and the support to develop their technical and core skills to the fullest within the organisation.
- We want to reduce the coupling between our product teams, enabling fast iteration cycles.
What we expect from you as a Principal Engineer
- Foster a collaborative environment between engineering teams, in order to maximise cross-functional project outcomes
- Understand the business needs to anticipate technical challenges and assess the long-term impact of today's technical decisions
- Maintain a bird-eye view of what is happening across the Engineering organisation, share it with the engineering teams helping them to situate their efforts within the bigger picture
- Embody and promote our Engineering Principles and best practices to ensure excellent quality products and services
- Partner with Engineering Managers, Engineering Leads and other Principal Engineers to lead the technical side of complex cross-team projects
- Stay current with current trends to assist teams in experimenting/adopting new technology where appropriate
- Build consensus and excitement around a long-term vision for our platform, based on our business ambitions and our current key challenges
- Nurture and support our engineers, via mentorship and sponsorship
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A remote-working budget to help set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👦
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private Health Insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌎
£105,000/yr - £125,000/yr + Equity
- Acute knowledge of the observability story and how to apply it in a Docker-ised distributed system
- In-depth understanding of common architectural patterns and their trade-offs
- Strong security focus, advocate of best practices and experience with platform vulnerability management
- Ability to work in a fast evolving engineering organization and positively influence engineers and Leads
- Experience working in a product-centric environment, with a focus on delivery and engineering excellence
- Proven mentorship experience of engineers at various levels of seniority
We’d be particularly excited if you can demonstrate:
- Knowledge of designing, building or operating Data-intensive systems
- In-depth expertise working with relational/non-relational DBs at scale
- In-depth expertise working with messaging technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka) in an event-driven architecture
- A holistic approach to designing and optimising socio-technical systems
Inclusion & Diversity
At TrueLayer, we embrace people that have different perspectives and personalities. We believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do.
About our hiring process
Our Hiring process typically consists of four stages: