Various work from home options
TrueLayer UK is looking for a Risk & Compliance Associate to help to us continue grow and scale our organisation in the UK and support the wider development of work across the TrueLayer Group. This role will be based in London.
TrueLayer’s Risk & Compliance team across the company in the UK, Ireland and Australia are integral to ensuring we implement a robust risk management framework. We count on our Risk & Compliance team to enable our product, sales, business operations, and legal teams to meet our legal and regulatory obligations through policy and manage risk within tolerances through assurance programmes.
We’re looking for a collaborative team-member who sees the big picture of where financial technology is headed and how regulation aids that innovation. This role will report into the UK Compliance Lead but will have the opportunity to work across the Risk & Compliance team within the larger TrueLayer Group. We want our Risk & Compliance team to be passionate about our evolving jurisdictional and international compliance reach, as we continue in our journey to push financial technology forward.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.rew from a UK leader in 2020 to a global provider in 2021, operating in 12+ countries. The thing is, we're just getting started…
As Compliance Associate for the UK, you will:
- Work with the the business to to file regulatory surveys, notices and reports to appropriate authorities such as the Financial Conduct Authority or National Crime Agency - providing training, support, review and approval, as appropriate.
- Be a point of call for all product, sales and business operations teams for UK compliance matters to provide advise and support;
- Review web content and client comms to ensure compliance
- Main point of contact with business in remediation projects, obtaining remediation plans, root cause analysis or oversight of the roll out of controls required for regulatory compliance.
- Work closely with our wider Risk & Compliance Team to buildout robust frameworks and policies, oversee the embedding of effective processes by the business and drive a consistent compliance culture;
- Help maintain and support our Risk & Compliance Monitoring Program
- Preparing and collecting risk and control MI for the Risk and Compliance Committee
- Conduct or build out training to our UK colleagues.
What we need from you:
- 3+ years experience in a compliance advisory or monitoring based role
- Have working knowledge of PSD2/ PSRs, FCA requirements, EBA guidance and MLRs
- Have experience working with customer facing, and/or revenue generating teams
- Work cross functionally well, and be adaptable to changing work priorities
- Work well under pressure, show initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges
- Understand the difference between urgency and priority, and be able to plan accordingly
- Be comfortable interacting with senior employees, regulators and stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- Experience in technology or financial services, working in a similar role
- Experience working at the FCA in payments regulation
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌍
Inclusion & Diversity
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).y — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).