Various work from home options
COVID-19 Update - We’re currently safely working from home in line with government guidelines. Following this period, the role will be linked to either our Nottingham HQ or London office, with flexible remote working available.
We are an exciting, high growth performance marketing agency based across Nottingham and London. Our service offering focuses on growing our clients businesses through Digital Strategy, SEO, Content Marketing, Paid Media, PR, CRO and Analytics. We partner with reputable and ambitious client businesses across the UK, Europe and beyond.
Our team of 70+ expert digital marketers have won awards on the UK and European stage for our quality of service delivery, winning Best Digital Strategy, Best large PPC Agency, Best Large SEO Agency and more. In 2018 we also placed in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 - as one of the fastest growing technology firms in the UK (#30).
As we embark on our 8th year of accelerated growth we’re looking to expand our New Business Team and increase our targeted outbound efforts.
About the role:
We are seeking an expert sales person to set up and own Impression’s outbound sales strategy. The chosen candidate will have a deep understanding of how to identify, connect and build relationships with decision makers at our targeted top tier organisations. You will nurture these relationships over time and use Impression’s CRM to build a comprehensive view of key contract and opportunity information across the industry.
To succeed, you will work closely with Impression’s Marketing function to shape the agency's strategy and ensure that you have what is needed to cut through the noise and resonate with our prospects. You will work in partnership with Impression’s Growth team, ensuring they are provided with regular well nurtured leads at a suitable time so that we stand the best possible chance to convert these prospects into new clients.
- Devise and own Impression’s strategy for outbound new business acquisition.
- Work with key stakeholders to set KPIs and devise a robust measurement and reporting framework to help the Commercial and Performance departments plan for New Business growth driven through your activity.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of Impression’s target prospects utilizing Impression’s CRM system to track key contact and prospect contract information.
- Feed key information to Impression’s Marketing function to ensure we produce content that resonates with our target prospects.
- Champion key tools and software such as email automation, prospecting tools and Impression’s CRM to ensure your resource is well utilised.
- Own the ‘cold leads’ and ‘dead opportunities’ pipeline to nature prospects back to future opportunities
- Own a deep understanding of Impression’s target audience personas and work with Marketing to expand our target list of prospects to nurture each month.
- Work with Impression’s Growth function to develop a process that results in the very best possible conversion rate. Ensure that leads are well qualified and at an appropriate point in time to hand over to the pitch team.
- Have a good working knowledge of and keep a close eye on industry news in order to spot "news-jacking" opportunities as a way of sparking new relationships or developing existing ones.
- 2+ years of outbound sales development experience. Preferably at a marketing agency or SASS business that targeted C-Suite, Directors or senior decision-makers.
- Experience and proven track record of building and owning the outbound sales strategy for a marketing or SaaS business
- Ability to identify target clients and build extensive prospecting lists
- Experience in working with marketing teams to craft content for outreach purposes that ‘cuts through the noise’ and resonates with our prospects.
- Confident and proficient on calls, emails and other professional channels that help you to achieve your goals.
- Familiarity with existing marketing tech stack including Pipedrive, Autopilot
- Knowledge of and familiarity with outbound sales tools.
- Credible subject knowledge across our key delivery channels
- Good knowledge of the wider marketing mix
- Strong communication, verbal and written, with the ability to ‘translate’ for those who don’t have technical knowledge
- Completely results and targets driven. You will be hungry to track, measure and report on your performance
- Exceptional attention to detail and pride in any work produced
- A positive and creative thinker, with a passion for all things digital
- Excellent knowledge of the wider marketing mix
- Experience working on multi-channel digital campaigns
- Experience with managing multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Experience and proven track record of building and owning the outbound sales strategy for a digital marketing agency
- Knowledge of Google technology stack is an advantage
- Ability to lead and inspire others, internally and externally
- Open, honest and direct, is comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Lives and breathes Impression values
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment on multiple priorities simultaneously, prioritising and coping well under pressure and with competing demands
- A desire to learn new skills
- Ability to think and act independently as well as collaboratively
- Company pension
- Regular internal “lunch and learn” sessions
- Training budget for internal and external training and conferences
- Generous holiday allowance
- Ability to work on a variety of client accounts
- Top apple equipment
- Flexible working hours
- Office fruit and bi-weekly lunch provided
- Organised work socials
- Free tastecard, mobile phone insurance and discounted cinema tickets & gym membership
- Beer fridge, ping pong and foosball
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Fantastic colleagues!