FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. In 2020 we raised a $7.5 million Series A which has enabled us to scale, be on track to hit 1M downloads by the end of 2021 and change even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.
We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
What you’ll do 👀
- You will be at the forefront of all things finance-related in the business - keeping your finger on the pulse of the market and making sure all the information on which key decisions are being made from is both up to date and relevant.
- You will manage and deliver on a variety of work streams relating to our finance function from core FP&A activities to working with teams to understand the various ROI calculations that exist across the business.
- As our first dedicated FP&A hire you would be expected to introduce best practices, processes and controls and build out the team over time
- Manage the annual budgeting and quarterly business planning process and present highlights to management
- Drive business improvement initiatives and work closely with the business teams to track performance against targets
- Partner with other finance team members to drive finance initiatives
- Prepare and coordinate materials for board and leadership meetings
- Build and validate business cases for new business initiatives
Key Skills 💻
- High level of attention to detail coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or investment banking experience
- Be able to implement and maintain a financial model, regularly updating assumptions for the latest data and providing finance reports
- Ability to influence strategic decision making with timely insights and data
- Be able to manage the successful delivery of new initiatives that add value to our people and the company
You should apply if ✅
- You want a chance to have a measurable impact on an exciting market-leading startup by helping identify the key drivers of our business and working alongside all our different teams
- You want Ownership to define strategies and drive key initiatives
- You want Commitment and championing of your work from leaders and colleagues
- Thrive from having the ability to shape new initiatives across the company
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen
- Hiring Manager + team interviews
- Founder / Exec Interview
Some roles will have a take home task after the initial screen.
You can read more about interviewing with us (including tips) here. Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Fully remote: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
⛑ Private Health Insurance
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave