3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
About Signal - Who are we?
At Signal we want to help organisations identify risks and opportunities and see movements in the market before anyone else. We want to help leaders take bold decisions, safe that the data is on their side. We want to connect all those external data points together, uncover the unknown unknowns, and be at the very heart of the knowledge economy.
We’ve already built a world-class artificial intelligence platform for real-time information aggregation and analysis at a massive scale. We proved our value with monitoring and measurement products in the PR&Comms space, and are now joining the dots beyond.
We are friendly and informal people who are passionate about our brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment, welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, and together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Our total funding to date is around $50 million. In the latest funding round, Redline Capital joined our investor group that includes MMC Ventures, GMG Ventures and Hearst Ventures.
About the role - What’s your purpose?
Signal’s proprietary machine learning technology allows organisations to digitise their domain expertise, creating their own AI and then applying it to the explosion of external data. We have a growing number of accounts where we are bringing new propositions to market that integrate our AI and their expertise to improve the quality of insights they offer to end-clients. We are looking for someone to manage and grow these enterprise accounts..
We are looking for a Strategic account manager to play a critical role in building relationships with significant clients. Our ideal candidate should ensure client satisfaction, bring a consultant mindset to solving problems to and be able to identify new opportunities to increase sales. As a Strategic account manager, you will represent our company and interact with major clients.
You bring a sophisticated understanding of how to navigate large organisations, have experience in selling and upselling enterprise software and take a variety of stakeholders from the c-suite to analysts on a digital transformation journey. You enjoy learning new technologies and how they can deliver customer value and are eager to understand a product roadmap as well as customer needs and triangulate between the two.
The day to day responsibilities - What you will be doing?
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for ensuring the success and commercial growth of a number of key accounts. Our account organisations are highly collaborative as we work with them to bring new technology to new challenges within their organisations. This means your role is to work with them to define business goals and new business models as well as support them to leverage and scale the use of our technology. Tackling problems and opportunities in creative, collaborative and logical ways and consistently brainstorming alternative solutions both with partners and internally.
Responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Manage our key accounts portfolio
- Achieve assigned strategic account objectives
- Establish strong, long-term client relationships
- Communicate with major clients on a regular basis and respond to specific queries
- Propose solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs
- Handle complaints and problems in a timely and effective manner
- Act as the liaison between key clients and internal teams - from senior leadership to data scientists
- Identify and approach new potential strategic customers
- Monitor sales performance metrics and have a commercial mindset
Who are we looking for?
- Proven work experience as a Strategic account manager or Key account manager
- Solid sales experience in B2B environment
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships
- Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Own the relationship and account strategy between Signal AI and the key accounts, collaborating with the leadership team and senior stakeholders at key accounts
- Support our accounts in crafting and driving adoption and roll-out of new offerings leveraging our technology
- Anticipate clients’ requirements and possible challenges - identifying these risks and then being proactive to solve them
- Build a deep understanding of the stakeholder environment and priorities at our partner organisations and identify ways to grow our relationship across the organisation
- Ensure existing customer contract renewals happen and manage the process
- Working with the sales manager, identify upsell opportunities into A.R.R to demonstrate significant year on year growth
- Be an active team member and provide coaching to more junior account managers on achieving commercial success
Bonus points - How can you stand out?
- Previous experience in top tier management consultancy
At Signal, we strongly believe that diverse teams perform better. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where our employees feel welcomed, valued and listened to - an environment where they can thrive being their true selves.
You’ll get the opportunity to be part of something really exciting. You’ll be a key player in helping to shape Signal AI now and in the years to come. Here’s how we enable Signallers to do their best work;
- Share options - we all own a piece of Signal AI, so we’ll all get to enjoy our success
- Hybrid Working Environment - we have a hybrid remote policy where you will be able to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
- Summer & Winter Fully remote blocks
- Health Cash Plan
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Pension plan
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Dependents Leave policies
- Access to free therapists via Spill
- And more …