More than 2 days at home per week
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're passionate about operational excellence, acting with our customers and partners always in our heart. Covering the entire order journey, we create our online content, secure payments and fraud process compliance, ensure order fulfilment and delivery, while providing customer and partner care. In a nutshell, we love to create seamless and memorable luxury experiences for our customers all around the world.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. Our open-plan space is ideal for collaborative working. When you're not doing what's never been done, you can enjoy a team lunch on our large outdoor terrace, or join a yoga class in our dedicated studio.
The Head of Fraud is a dynamic and challenging role, where the scope and reach across our company is wide. You will lead a team responsible for our global fraud strategy and performance across the platform, working to achieve the optimum balance between protecting our business from loss, and in promoting growth. Your team comprises >15 members (and growing) across Fraud Operations and Fraud Development roles. You will report to the Director of Payments & Fraud, while your peers in the leadership team of the department are the Head of Payments and the Analytics Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Shape and drive the fraud strategy and vision across the Farfetch Platform.
- Collaborate with leadership in Operations, Technology, Product, Farfetch Platform Solutions, Commercial, Finance, Security, Growth and more to make this vision a reality.
- Lead your team to reach their potential, both in their personal development and in their performance as a group. You'll create a culture and structure to ensure long term sustainable success in the area, shaping the team to scale.
- Achieve continuous improvements in our fraud processes and KPIs (such as chargeback rates, false positives, chargeback defence rates) to achieve the optimum balance between protecting our business from loss, and in promoting growth.
- You'll partner with your peers colleagues in technology to create world-class fraud models, systems and tools.
- Develop up-to-date industry expertise in the team. You'll focus on consumer trends, new products, card scheme compliance and regulation, while building close ties with those in the industry. You'll use your experience to grow the next generation of experts in Farfetch.
- Provide expertise on Fraud at a senior management level, setting a clear direction. You'll ensure your stakeholders are engaged, and that risk management is a fundamental part of our strategy in operations and product.
- Develop the partnerships with our external fraud partners around the globe, ensuring your team uses the strengths of our partners to bring maximum value to our company.
WHO YOU ARE
- An experienced and passionate fraud SME and people manager. You have worked in an international e-commerce company or payment service provider leading a fraud function, and have 8+ years of experience.
- You have experience working with and designing fraud processes with a high level of automation through ML/AI solutions.
- You're strategic and plan ahead, but you balance this with strong execution skills and the ability to react to change.
- You're able to demonstrate experience building relationships and ties across the payment and fraud ecosystem, benefiting from the experiences and knowledge of others.
- You're able to break down complex subjects for non-experts, and get the wider business interested and excited about your team's work.
- You're comfortable in navigating through occasional situations of ambiguity or uncertainty.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
The Head of Fraud will lead a team responsible for our global fraud strategy and performance across the platform, achieving the optimum balance between protecting our business from risk, and in promoting growth.