The Interview Process
Our aim is to get to know how you’d fit into our team. First, we’ll have a short call with you to discuss your career to date and your motivations for the role. Then we’ll give you a task that is relevant to the work you would be doing at Prolific (2 hour interview). We understand that your time is valuable so you will be reimbursed with a £50 Amazon voucher, regardless of whether or not you proceed to the final round.
The final stage will be an interview with the co-founders/our Leadership team, where we will dig deeper into your values and experience.
If your experience doesn't tick all the boxes but you are passionate about joining us, you should definitely apply! We look for people who share our values and can add to our open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
At a glance
Us: Profitable and funded startup of ~70 people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019). Creating a web-based platform for behavioural research. All growth driven by word-of-mouth.
We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research.
You: Community Manager with a record of success creating online communities, and a desire to make an impact in the research space.
What We're Looking For
- You're a serial builder - you've built communities from the ground up, and know how to transition them from the very early-stages to being flourishing social hubs.
- You're strategic, data-driven, and you relish challenging conventional thinking.
- You'll use creative approaches, and excellent written communication skills to create an engaging user experience.
- You're not afraid of working with incomplete information and learning via trial and error.
- Your approach is completely user-centric, focused on delivering value to our community members above all else.
- You are self-motivated, and enjoy being in the thick of it.
What You'll be Doing
- Defining a creative vision for the community. You'll consider what a 10-star experience for our users could look like, then work to make it a reality. As we’re an early stage startup, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly influence the trajectory of our community.
- Immersing yourself in our growing community, answering queries and building relationships.
- Planning and executing projects that delight our members and drive sustained, meaningful engagement.
- Being the voice of the community within Prolific - communicating their needs, wants and sentiments, ensuring that we remain completely user-focused as we engage in product planning.
- Tracking and actively responding to both quantitive and qualitative data, using it to shape our community in a way that best delivers value for its members.
- Set up processes when needed. We’re growing fast and learning as we go. You’ll help us add the right amount of structure and process as we grow.
What You'll Bring
- 2-3 years experience in community building/management
- Experience building communities from the ground up
- Experience launching and creating content for community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program etc)
- Demonstrable ability to interpret metrics, communicate results and implement necessary changes.
- Experience within a high-growth tech startup and/or fully remote organisation.
- Friendly and approachable, with outstanding communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Humility, rigour, optimism, and a desire to learn and grow fast.
- A strong affinity with Prolific's values.
Nice to Have
- Interest in Behavioural Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space.
- Experience leading projects alone and as part of a team
- Familiar with SQL
- Experience with user research
What We Offer
- Flexible working: You can work flexibly from home or from our dog-friendly co-working space.
- £1000 home office budget and laptop when you start and a £200 yearly top-up budget.
- 33 days holiday per year (25 days + bank holidays, which you can switch with any day of your choosing).
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Comprehensive private health insurance that disregards medical history.
- Taxable stipend of £150 a month per person for wellness and improving your remote experience (co-working subscription, gym membership, lunches, etc.)
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- £1000 yearly budget on discretionary meet-ups (travel, hotel, food, etc.)
- Fun and collaborative quarterly company-wide meet-ups and team socials paid for by us.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organisation each year.
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.