At a glance
Us: Profitable and funded startup of ~70 people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019). Creating a web-based platform for behavioural research. All growth driven by word-of-mouth.
We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research.
You: Social Media Manager with experience attracting and creatively engaging large online audiences, with a desire to make an impact in the research space.
What we're looking for
- You're an explorer, always trying to discover our next big social media opportunity
- You think strategically, taking into account industry trends, competitor activity, and user insights to curate impactful, highly engaging campaigns
- You experiment to solve problems, unafraid to learn via trial and error
- You're flexible - you make decisions based on your instinct when you have incomplete information, but defer to data when it's available, adapting to new information
- You use bold, creative approaches, and excellent copywriting skills to engage our online audience
- You are self-motivated, and enjoy being in the thick of it
- You can work under pressure, quickly adapting to changing circumstances
What you'll be doing
- Defining a strategic direction for our social media channels. As we’re an early-stage startup, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly influence the trajectory of our approach to content distribution and how Prolific comes across externally
- Immersing yourself in our audience, understanding their wants, needs and pain points to build strong, meaningful relationships
- Planning and executing projects that delight our audience and drive sustained, meaningful engagement
- Managing the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc - responding to posts and developing discussions.
- Planning and delivering engaging content curated to our different audiences (mostly in the UK and US) across social media platforms, while not compromising our tone of voice
- Identifying, and forming relationships with, key influencers in the world of research across our social media channels
- Tracking and actively responding to both quantitive and qualitative data, using it to shape our the way we interact with our audience.
- Set up processes when needed. We’re growing fast and learning as we go. You’ll help us add the right amount of structure and process as we grow.
- 2-3 years experience in social media management
- Demonstrable ability to attract and expand large online audiences, based on sustained, valued engagement
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills that use the full range of effective storytelling and marketing techniques
- A strong understanding of how to use and adapt to all types of social media platforms
- Ability to interpret metrics, communicate results and implement necessary changes.
- A strong grasp on how to leverage social media algorithms, and SEO, to widen the impact of content
- Design, photo and video-editing experience
- Experience within a high-growth tech startup and/or fully remote organisation.
- Friendly and approachable, with outstanding communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Humility, rigour, optimism, and a desire to learn and grow fast.
- A strong affinity with Prolific's values.
Nice to have
- Interest in Behavioural Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space.
- Experience leading projects alone and as part of a team
- Professional qualification in SEO optimisation or similar
- Our aim is to get to know how you’d fit into our team. First, we’ll have a short call with you to discuss your career to date and your motivations for the role. Then we’ll give you a task that is relevant to the work you would be doing at Prolific (2 hour interview). We understand that your time is valuable so you will be reimbursed with a £50 Amazon voucher, regardless of whether or not you proceed to the final round.
- The final stage will be an interview with the co-founders/our Leadership team, where we will dig deeper into your values and experience.
- If your experience doesn't tick all the boxes but you are passionate about joining us, you should definitely apply! We look for people who share our values and can add to our open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
What we offer
- Flexible working: You can work flexibly from home or from our dog-friendly co-working space.
- £1000 home office budget and laptop when you start and a £200 yearly top-up budget.
- 33 days holiday per year (25 days + bank holidays, which you can switch with any day of your choosing).
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Comprehensive private health insurance that disregards medical history.
- Taxable stipend of £150 a month per person for wellness and improving your remote experience (co-working subscription, gym membership, lunches, etc.)
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- £1000 yearly budget on discretionary meet-ups (travel, hotel, food, etc.)
- Fun and collaborative quarterly company-wide meet-ups and team socials paid for by us.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organisation each year.
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.