At a glance
Us: Profitable and funded startup of 70+ people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni.
We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research.
You: Sales lead with prior experience selling a B2B product (ideally SaaS) to researchers/academics
As our first ever sales lead at Prolific, you'll be the person building the sales team, processes and strategies to ensure we can capitalise on some of the organic demand we have already seen from large enterprise customers. You will hire and directly manage a team of sales development representatives and account executives to really showcase the value of our platform to both outbound and inbound leads.
We are at an early stage in our outbound sales efforts, but have already seen promising results which have resulted in us onboarding various Fortune 100 companies onto the platform. Our most recent initiative led to us being covered in the FT and subsequently securing really large enterprise leads.
What you'll be doing
- Setting and owning the vision and execution for sales driven growth
- Defining and driving sales processes: building a pipeline, finding and qualifying leads, selling, closing, etc.
- Hiring and developing a team of sales development representatives and account executives
- Conducting pipeline reviews with your team on a periodic basis
- Partnering with our wider growth and product teams to ensure we "build what we sell" and "sell what we build"
- Work with our customer success team to ensure we have a solid end to end experience for customers from the moment they consider using us
You should apply if you
- Have experience building or executing a successful sales cycle: you'll need to be process- oriented enough to track progress and achieve results.
- Have demonstrated sales management experience: including hiring and developing a team and driving accountability
- Are a good story teller and well structured communicator, with an ability to easily explain the value customers can get from using Prolific
- Are metrics-driven: you'll need to know your KPIs — certainly revenue targets and actuals, but also the efficiency of your pipeline, from top-of-funnel down to close rate.
- Are a team player: you'll need to be able to work cross-functionally to understand customers, identify feature gaps and work with the relevant teams to prioritise them. You'll also need to be able to repeatedly tell leads/customers no if necessary.
- Are comfortable in a fast paced, early-stage startup environment: This will require you to build up a team and the relevant processes, so we are looking for a self-starter
Nice to have (but not essential)
- An interest in Behavioural Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space
- Experience of working and managing a team remotely
- Experience working with researchers or Academics
The Interview Process
- Initial Interview - You'll have a 30 - 45 minute interview with two members of the team where you'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals.
- Assignment - There will be a 2 hour assignment that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher for completing the task because we know your time is valuable!
- Final Interview - The final stage is a 1.5 - 2 hour interview where we'll deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
What We Offer
- Flexible working: You can work flexibly from home or from our dog-friendly co-working space.
- £1000 home office budget and laptop when you start and a £200 yearly top-up budget.
- 33 days holiday per year (25 days + bank holidays, which you can switch with any day of your choosing).
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Comprehensive private health insurance that disregards medical history.
- Taxable stipend of £150 a month per person for wellness and improving your remote experience (co-working subscription, gym membership, lunches, etc.)
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- £1000 yearly budget on discretionary meet-ups (travel, hotel, food, etc.)
- Fun and collaborative quarterly company-wide meet-ups and team socials paid for by us.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organisation each year.
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.