Signal AI are looking for a Product Manager (Content) to join their team.
About Signal - Who we are
At Signal we want to help organisations identify risks and opportunities and see movements in the market before anyone else. We want to help leaders take bold decisions, safe that the data is on their side. We want to connect all those external data points together, uncover the unknown unknowns, and be at the very heart of the knowledge economy.
We’ve already built a world-class artificial intelligence platform for real-time information aggregation and analysis at a massive scale. We proved our value with monitoring and measurement products in the PR&Comms space, and are now joining the dots beyond.
We are friendly and informal people who are passionate about our brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment, welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, and together we have created who we are and what we sell.
Our last $25 million Series C funding round, has brought our total funding to date to $49.5 million. This latest funding round is led by Redline Capital with participation from existing investors including MMC Ventures, GMG Ventures and Hearst Ventures.
About the role - Who are you?
Signal’s advanced AI-powered analysis is applied on top of a bedrock of data - or content. This content is diverse in type, varied in subject, and premium in exclusiveness. It includes print news, online news, broadcast, blogs, regulation & tax, and more. Content has to be selected, connected, ingested, amalgamated, searched, and distributed to our users. Content is the lifeblood of Signal that powers all the overarching activities, and it pervades all aspects of the product.
The role of the Content Product Manager is to take ownership of content from a product perspective. There are two key aspects: firstly, setting the content strategy to define which data sets we will add to the platform; and secondly, improving the integrity of the content sets we have today. Our future content strategy will be based on adding additional media data, as well as alternative data sets that augment our overall offering.
This is a highly diverse role that both involves deep involvement with the Data Ingestion team to integrate content effectively, and broad involvement with all other areas of the product that content surfaces in.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities - What you will be doing?
The Product Manager will ensure the effective operation of our existing content sets and set the strategy for future content.
- Understand the landscape of media content and explore opportunities to augment Signal’s offering
- Lead the discovery process to test customer appetite for potential content sets
- Work closely with the Head of Content Licencing to establish and maintain successful partnerships with content providers
- Collaborate with the engineers in the team to integrate with APIs from third-party content providers
- Provide focus to the team through effective prioritisation and removal of blockers
- Identify areas of improvement in the operation of existing content, including compliance and user experience
- Collaborate with commercial teams to establish effective operational processes around the selling and fulfilment of content
- Manage the Go-To-Market process for new content providers and content updates, including pricing, packaging, sales collateral, and enablement
- Be an overall authority on the behaviour of content throughout the product
- A structured and analytical approach to solving problems
- Capable of high attention to detail in order to be a source of knowledge in a complex domain
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty as well as evolving requirements as we learn more about market needs
- Excellent communication skills to make complex topics accessible at all levels of the organisation
- Capable and eager to work in a cross-functional team (engineers, UX, commercial) from strategy through to delivery
At Signal, we strongly believe that diverse teams perform better. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where our employees feel welcomed, valued and listened to - an environment where they can thrive being their true selves.
You’ll get the opportunity to be part of something really exciting. You’ll be a key player in helping to shape Signal AI now and in the years to come. Here’s how we enable Signallers to do their best work;
- Share options - we all own a piece of Signal AI, so we’ll all get to enjoy our success
- Hybrid Working Environment - we have a hybrid remote policy where you will be able to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
- Summer & Winter Fully remote blocks
- Health Cash Plan
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Pension plan
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Dependents Leave policies
- Access to free therapists via Spill
- And more …