3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
About Signal AI:
At Signal AI, we want to help organizations identify risks and opportunities and see movements in the market before anyone else. We want to help leaders take bold decisions, safe that the data is on their side. We want to connect all those external data points together, uncover the unknown unknowns, and be at the very heart of the knowledge economy.
We’ve already built a world-class artificial intelligence platform for real-time information aggregation and analysis at a massive scale. We proved our value with monitoring and measurement products in the reputation management space for public relations (PR), and are now joining the dots beyond.
We work closely and collaborate with world-leading academics and industry practitioners in Information Retrieval (IR), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML).
We are friendly and informal people who are passionate about our brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment, welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, and together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
We have just completed a $50M D series led by Highland Europe plus previous backers Redline, MMC and Hearst and Guardian Media Group - this brings our total funding to date to around $100M.
About the role - Who are you?
We are currently seeking a Legal Counsel (approximately 3-5 years PQE) to join our UK office. You will report into the Senior Counsel, working closely with the General Counsel based in London, and being part of the Legal team consisting of 3 UK and 2 US based lawyers.
Signal has experienced significant growth in the last year, and we are looking for someone who is interested in AI and technology, and excited about the opportunity of joining our small but agile Legal department in the UK. A key focus for the role will be the commercial contracting and support to our sales team, and good skills in commercial drafting and negotiations are therefore a must. However, this is a varied role requiring someone who is proactive and a quick learner, and who enjoys working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial tech environment.
While this is a UK based role, you will also have the opportunity to support the Legal team with matters arising in our other territories (US and Hong Kong) as and when required.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious, motivated person who is looking to develop their career within a fun work environment and as part of a great team. We would love to hear from you.
Role responsibilities - What will you do?
- Work closely with the UK sales and support the team in drafting and negotiating SaaS contracts for Signal AI Platform
- Review and negotiate contracts with various suppliers
- Support the licensing team with the inbound licensing contracts for new premium content
- Negotiate data processing clauses and support the Legal team with GDPR compliance work
- Support the US and Hong Kong offices, as required
- Support the legal team in building the legal knowledge base, legal FAQs, improved contracting processes and sales training materials
- Be an excellent communicator who understands how to manage both client and team expectations
- Provide pragmatic advice and support on all legal issues across the UK business
- Be confident in working with a large degree of autonomy
Knowledge, skills and experience - Who are we looking for?
- A UK qualified lawyer with 3-6 PQE
- Experience working in private practice, in-house experience is a bonus
- Experience working in a technology environment.
- Experience working as part of an international organisation is a bonus.
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS company is a bonus.
At Signal, we strongly believe that diverse teams perform better. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where our employees feel welcomed, valued and listened to - an environment where they can thrive being their true selves.
You’ll get the opportunity to be part of something really exciting. You’ll be a key player in helping to shape Signal AI now and in the years to come. Here’s how we enable Signallers to do their best work;
- Share options - we all own a piece of Signal AI, so we’ll all get to enjoy our success
- Hybrid Working Environment - we have a hybrid remote policy where you will be able to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
- Summer & Winter Fully remote blocks
- Health Cash Plan
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Pension plan
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Dependents Leave policies
- Access to free therapists via Spill
- And more …