Unmind are looking for a Head of Demand Generation to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health and deliver care to their people. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 18 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 160 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them – which is why we’re looking for an exceptional leader to join as a our Head of Demand Generation.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Head of Demand Generation
As our Head of Demand Generation you will be responsible for leading our global Demand Generation function made up of sales development reps (inbound and outbound) and demand generation marketing managers. The core objective will be to build a world-class Demand Generation team that drives Unmind's future growth - consistently creating opportunities with prospective clients all over the world - while developing a launch pad for team members to flourish and grow into successful careers across the commercial function.
We’re looking for someone who is extremely passionate about delivering the best customer experience, unwaveringly candid, and exceptionally driven. You'll be required to work in close collaboration with the entire commercial function and beyond (including Sales, Partnerships, Brand & Comms, Product Marketing and Commercial Operations). If you’re a highly ambitious, personable problem-solver, then this is an opportunity to oversee all-things Demand Generation at a fast-growth, high-impact scale-up.
As we continue to scale quickly, the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind:
- Lead: Our high performing team will be looking to you to set the standard when it comes to everything from work ethic, to work-life balance and how you carry yourself both personally and professionally. As such, we expect that you must lead by example, embodying the Unmind values, even when no one is watching.
- Coach: Ensure that our existing Demand Generation team and future hires have everything they need to thrive and develop. This team is not only the nurturing ground for those who want to progress into our broader sales and marketing team, but given the invaluable transferable skills that they will acquire, it will also act as the launch pad into other departments within Unmind.
- Execute: Oversee targeted lead-generation activities that drive marketing qualified leads and ultimately qualified pipeline, focussing on the performance and optimisation of the entire Demand Generation funnel. This will include running multi-channel demand generation campaigns including, but not limited to, events, search, display, email, direct mail, ABM and content syndication.
- Learn: Become an expert on the HR and corporate wellbeing landscape across the globe and utilise market insights to advise our go-to-market teams on segmentation, use cases, buyer personas, and potential partnerships.
- Optimise: Working closely with the Commercial Operations team, you will be responsible for driving efficiencies across every element of the Demand Generation process, continuously evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns, adjusting demand tactics and strategy accordingly. In addition to this, it's imperative that the team have a formal and on-going training program, and that we are leveraging all the tools and systems at their disposal.
- Deliver: Ultimately, you have ownership of delivering the ambitious growth targets that we have in place, which will get us one step closer to achieving our mission of improving the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. So some of the role will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for. However, experience in the following is important for the role.
- Extensive experience in the B2B SaaS industry.
- Proven experience of scaling multi-channel demand generation programs, and leading a global team of Sales Development Representatives and Field Marketing Managers.
- Creative leader with attention to detail, with specific reference to launching and managing multi-channel marketing campaigns with clear ROI focused metrics.
- Track record of success when it comes to both hiring new team members and inheriting existing team members and leveraging a coaching mindset to ensure opportunities for internal progression into the broader commercial team, as well as internal teams outside of sales/marketing (e.g. Client Success, Product etc).
- Hands-on experience of working with relevant Sales/Demand Generation technology platforms such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Outreach.io, Salesloft, Discover.org, ZoomInfo, Drift etc.
- Analytical acumen, with specific reference to and experience in developing and managing; forecasting, commission plans, future hiring models and sales territories.
- Articulate and direct communicator, both verbal and written– with the confidence to challenge the status quo.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader within workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace