Head of Sales (Competitive + bonus + share options & benefits )
If you love food and technology as much as we do, you’ll love life at Vita Mojo. We’re on a mission to revolutionise the hospitality experience for operators and their customers.
Location: Central London
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation: competitive + bonus + share options & benefits
Why join us?
If you love food and technology as much as we do, you’ll love life at Vita Mojo. We’re on a mission to revolutionise the hospitality experience for operators and their customers. Through our smart digital products, we’re powering the digital transformation of your favourite pubs, bars and restaurants. And we want a world where everyone gets the meal they’re hoping for. Each and every time.
Our Vita Mojo DNA
We’re proud to have built an award-winning digital platform. Vita Mojo is a positive, energetic and forward-thinking place to work, and when you become a Moji, you’ll be joining a supportive team who’ve always got your back. Our passion for technology and food is matched only by our support for our people.
About the role
Our product is in high demand and we will be tripling our ARR (Annual Recurring Revenue) in the next 12 months. We are looking to bring in a senior team leader who will be responsible for developing a culture of ‘Selling at a Higher Level’ and coaching the current commercial team comprised of Sales Development Leads (SDLs) and Business Development Managers (BDMs/AEs). The candidate will report to the Commercial Director and will be responsible for Vita Mojo’s growth and achieving sales targets.
Your mission as Vita Mojo Head of Sales:
- Lead and empower the sales team to achieve our targets
- Spearhead a culture of continuous learning, enhancing team knowledge and excellence in line with our values
- Work as part of the commercial team focused on achieving our growth targets in a sustainable way
While the below is not an exhaustive list of your duties, it outlines the bulk of the role on a day-to-day basis. The list will be periodically reviewed in line with the changing needs of the company and ad-hoc projects will be assigned.
- Team & performance management
Effectively line manage and lead a team of Sales Development Leads and Business Development Managers (4 at the moment), nurturing and coaching so that each team member maximises their potential and performance levels. Promoting a culture of learning and excellence through formal training and coaching, self-learning and mentoring.
Manage the business development framework that delivers sustainable growth for Vita Mojo, combining inbound and outbound strategies.
- Contribute to achieving sales targets
Contribute to the sales targets by supporting direct reports as well as closing larger enterprise opportunities yourself by using your knowledge of the sales cycle and our product.
- Account-based marketing
Work closely with the marketing team on content creation and account-based marketing.
- Strategic alignment
Sustainable growth is vital to the future success of Vita Mojo. Work closely with the Partnerships, Client Success and Product teams to align how we are going to grow and identify opportunities within different hospitality vertices and markets.
- You are well versed in sales leadership, have a track record for empowering your teams in delivering sales targets consistently.
- You have a keen eye for new opportunities, building relationships and a passion for finding the win-win-win when looking to create sustainable growth.
- You are a skilled people manager and have a toolbox to manage direct reports including a data-informed approach to management.
- You are an outstanding communicator who is able to communicate with consistency and clarity, actively listen, and know when and how to influence and align internal and external stakeholders.
- You have sharp project management skills and can juggle multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously.
- You thrive on flexibility and are confident in making your own decisions with a minimum of administrative hurdles.
- You love working in a high-paced agile environment and are eager to learn new technologies and ways of working.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role, such as Head of Sales or Sales Director in a tech startup.
- Having worked in another enterprise SaaS business would be a big plus.
- First-hand knowledge of the hospitality industry is preferred.
- You can work hard and have fun while dreaming big. You are a confident, self-aware team player who is open to receiving and providing feedback, and relish the opportunity to establish positive and productive working relationships built on a foundation of trust.
Work perks and benefits
Since mid-March 2020 our UK-based team has largely been working from home. We have a small, COVID-secure office in the City of London which has limited capacity for hot desking on an as-needed basis when working from home is not possible. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as mental health, poor connectivity or an insufficient work environment. While we don’t have a full return to office date, we are monitoring the situation closely and hope to be able to return to the office more fully at some point during 2021.
- Your hours. Where possible, we let you set your own hours to get the work done and in line with your team and company needs. If you’re an early riser, come in as early as you like or if you need to do the morning school run, come in a bit later. At the end of the day, the work needs to be done but we also need you to balance that with life. We hope we can enable you to do both.
- Your budget. We have recently introduced a flexible benefits system with access to a monthly or annual budget in the following areas: £600 annual learning and development budget; £50 monthly wellbeing allowance; and £30 lifestyle allowance. These are accessed through your own personal wallet and can be spent on services and products of your choosing, within a set of guidelines.
- Food and drink. We stock all the coffee and tea you can drink when in the office.
- Work from home kit. When you join we will work with you to understand your work from home needs, and get you set up to be your most productive while working from home.
- Your tech kit - As a tech company, we want to supply you with the best hardware to get the job done. We will set you up with your basic kit when you start and anything else you need once you have some time to get your feet on the ground.
- Your development - We take personal and professional growth seriously and believe in pushing ourselves to take on new challenges. We encourage everyone to organically share with each other. With quarterly company off sites (virtual for now), a company library, in-house workshops, and simply by working in an always changing, challenging environment, learning is essential to our mission.
- Your mental health. Through our partnership with the app Spill, you have access to therapist advice, one-off therapy sessions, and a series of therapy if needed. We also offer Mental Health Days to be used in moments when you need to take a day for some additional space to focus on you and refocus your energies.
- Your health. We offer 10 days of full pay sick leave.
- Your birthday. We love celebrating birthdays, whether through baked goods or gifts, and you also get the day off on (or around) your birthday every year.
- Your work environment - Our bright and spacious offices offer lots of natural light, a jungle of plants, and different spaces to relax and focus on what you need to do.
- Your social spirit - While in person socials are on hold due to COVID, we are still keeping that social spirit alive by hosting virtual social events, holiday parties and a variety of activities throughout the year. When in the office, we typically host office parties and socials, including weekly drinks on Fridays and enjoy spending time with each other.
- Your holidays. We believe in finding your work life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays. Your holiday allowance increases after each complete calendar year of service, up to 28 days.
- Dog friendly. We welcome our furry friends to the office and have a rotating roster of office dogs who come around and say hello.