Legal Counsel - (In-house) Fast-growing IT Services Business
CTS & CloudM are looking for a Legal Counsel - (In-house) Fast-growing IT Services Business to join their team.
We are looking to hire a mid-level Commercial IT & Technology Lawyer to join our in-house Legal Team.
You’ll engage with a customer base of SMEs, larger national and global corporates and government organisations to negotiate contracts and various other agreements.
You’ll work alongside a growing Legal Team, which consists of our Head of Legal and a Legal Counsel. You'll gain exposure to a fast paced technology business on an upward growth trajectory.
You’ll get the flexibility to balance your work life with your personal interests and commitments. You won’t be restricted to an annual holiday quota, you’ll be trusted to manage your holidays responsibly.
If you're looking for a challenging but rewarding role, and would like to work for a dynamic and progressive business then this role could be perfect for you!
What you’ll do:
In the role you will work closely with various areas of the business and its customers (where relevant) to:
- Be the lead drafter on contracts (including SaaS, licensing, consulting, framework/MSA (including statements of work), development, supply, partner, distributor, agreements as well as ancillary agreements such as NDA’s and various website agreements.
- Review and negotiate both our contracts and customer contracts, often in complex and protracted negotiations.
- Identify, explain and advise on non-standard terms and associated risks to relevant business stakeholders
- Interpret contract requirements, obligations, risk and exposure.
- Provide effective business focused day-to-day advice on a broad range of issues, including local law compliance, disputes, IP, privacy and data protection.
- Educate the business as to the legal process and assist the business generally in compliance with relevant regulations.
- A UK qualified lawyer with between 2-5 years PQE
- Experienced and strong grounding in commercial transactions in an IT services led business
- An excellent communicator with a commercial outlook, able to interact with the stakeholders of the business, customers and external legal advisors.
- Excellent understanding of international data privacy and data protection laws and global contracts generally.
- Tech savvy, adaptable and comfortable with a fast moving environment
- A proactive self starter with initiative who has a desire for continued growth as well as working part of a team.
- Experience working for a business with an international customer base
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership)
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
You’d be remote based for the foreseeable future in light of COVID-19, but as and when circumstances permit you’ll work primarily from the our Manchester office. You’ll have the flexibility of regular remote working once the office fully reopens.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at email@example.com for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.