1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Senior Platform Engineer
In this role you’ll be recognised as an industry leader in Cloud Computing. You’ll gain exposure to cutting edge technologies, placing yourself at the forefront of a field that’s constantly evolving.
This is a true ‘end to end’ delivery role. You’ll take projects from the information and discovery stages through to implementation, build and support.
Each customer you work with will have a specific set of requirements, so you’ll face new challenges all the time. A ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t a viable option - you’ll need to design unique solutions for each project. You can be sure that no two days will be the same.
You’ll get the flexibility to balance your work life with your personal interests and commitments. You won’t be restricted to an annual holiday quota, you’ll be trusted to manage your holidays responsibly.
Your focus will be on the delivery of your work, rather than when or where you do it. You’ll be remote based, but will be welcome to visit the offices as often as you like. You may also spend some time working from customer sites from time to time.
You’ll be supported through a variety of technical certifications. If you are already certified in GCP, AWS, or Kubernetes then you are off to a great start!
What you’ll do:
- Work with customers to translate requirements into technical designs and follow this through to delivery of the solution
- Design, plan and build highly available, global and Cloud native platforms
- Advise customers on modern software and architecture techniques such as 12 factor, microservices and serverless
- Develop internal tooling for the wider Platform Team
- Assisting customers in understanding how cloud technology can help them grow and the benefits it offers
- Mentoring junior members of the team and helping to drive their development
- On-call duties (roughly 1 week in 5) with a generous rate paid above salary
Key Technical Skills:
- Extensive hands-on experience with at least one major cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Ability to write tooling in at least one programming language
- A thorough understanding of Terraform and deployment methodologies associated with the tool
- Solid knowledge of cloud architecture principles and highly available systems
- Understanding of application development, delivery and infrastructure automation
- Commercial Kubernetes operational experience
Key Technology/Tooling Experience:
Knowledge of some of the following:
- Containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Configuration management tooling (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Excellent understanding of the Linux operating system (e.g. Debian, CentOS)
- Continuous integration and deployment tool sets (e.g. Jenkins, ArgoCD, GoCD)
- Common DevOps technology stacks (e.g. ELK, NGINX, Apache, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis, Consul)
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Database technologies including MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Serverless and microservice architectures
- GCP/AWS professional certifications
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
You'd work from our office in central Utrecht with options for regular remote working, or full time remote working is also possible.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you'll get a company contributed pension as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies and health & wellbeing initiatives.
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.