boxxe are looking for a Bids Coordinator (Remote) to join their team.
The Bids and Tenders Team hold a wide commercial understanding of the Company. The Team primarily manage the tenders function, distributing Public Sector opportunities, manage our Framework Authority relationships, and write persuasive and informative responses to ITTs. boxxe’s services portfolio is developing successfully, creating higher demand for bespoke service proposals. Due to company growth, we must have professionalism underpinning all our processes. As such, it is of growing importance that we introduce additional resources for organising and managing the elements of bid and proposal responses.
To support the Bids and Tenders function, and support Sales Teams in preparing responses and proposals as required, typically within Public Sector framework activity. To support the business in all activities related to successfully applying for business via public Bids, Tenders and sales proposals. Providing administrative assistance where possible to the rest of the team and wider Company. Deliver training as required to internal staff members on the activities and processes of the Bids Team.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
boxxe’s capabilities and capacities are growing day by day, with repeatable yet tailored services. With this growth comes a natural requirement to grow the supporting Teams. Bids and Tenders are integral to the Company’s success and business development that drives growth from new business and revenue. To ensure the success of the Bids process and achieve this Company expansion, organization, support, and management of each Tender are required. The individual required will need to have strong administrative management skills and motivations. This will allow for Bid Writers and Account Managers to respectively concentrate on their strengths and generate Bids success.
What you’ll be doing
- To take responsibility for tender responses as directed by the Bids Manager.
- To manage and oversee the progress of bid responses, as directed by the Bids Manager.
- To collaborate with the necessary internal resource to gain the required information to complete a bid response, utilising Microsoft Teams and other collaboration tools where possible and relevant.
- To assist with Stop/Go meetings and coordinate these in collaboration with the team.
- To edit, proof, and correct content in preparation for bid submissions; presenting work to the Bids Manager for approval.
- To collate, store, and distribute content that can be used within Bids and Proposals, working with various teams to coordinate and organise bid content.
- To provide ongoing support to Sales Teams in the production of proposals in response to “Mini-tenders”, “Mini-competitions”, or “Further competitions” (typically generated through PS Framework Agreements), keeping up to date records that assist with the coordination of this activity.
- To assist with keeping accurate and up to date Management Information to support the Bids Manager informing various stakeholders across the company of Bid progress and success rate.
- To provide analysis of the up to date Management Information to support the Bids Manager and wider company on any business development opportunities.
- To support in the management and maintenance of Framework KPIs and the relationships with Framework Authorities.
- To keep up to date records of Framework information to support the Sales Teams and the Marketing Team when promoting whole procurement solutions to the PS.
- To seek out new working practices that streamline the Bids Team function, improving its quality and efficiency, whilst ensuring any amendments and enhancements to procedures are documented within the company Quality Management system.
- To maintain an agile and proactive focus upon the development of business through this function, providing a prompt response to reasonable requests commensurate with the remit of this Job Description.
- To educate and provide training within the Bids Team and to the wider Sales Teams, when required and as directed, for queries relating to the bids process, Bid Team and public sector procurement.
What experience we think you’ll need
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter who can work on their owns initiative
- Excellent communication skills for team working, reporting to peers, and communicating with both Partners and Customers.
- Excellent written skills, good command of English
- Competent knowledge of MS Office platform, inc use of Word & Excel
- Technical or IT Industry knowledge desirable
- Proposal or Bid writing experience necessary