boxxe are looking for a Systems Support Engineer to join their team.
Here at boxxe, we are a UK–based client and technology–focused service provider within the public sector and corporate space. Our future is building innovate products and services to take to market based on next-generation technologies. During our exciting period of growth, we are looking to onboard an Systems Support Engineer.
As part of the Technical Services team, you will be responsible for managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure for our managed customers. You’ll configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools whilst proactively working to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
As Support Engineer, you will be a key part of the Technical Services Team, you will provide support, management and administration across a broad range of technologies and services for all of our managed services customers. You’ll be working on services which include Public and Private Cloud, Networking and Systems Infrastructure (Compute, Storage etc.)
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments, including systems software, application software, hardware and configurations.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure for all managed customers this is including but not limited to patching and updating applications/configurations to remain security compliant to standards such as ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials and NCSC
- Configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, resilience and disaster recovery strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Provide 2nd level support and mentoring/guidance of 1st level teams
- Liaise with Vendors and other boxxe technical personnel for problem resolution
- Working within our ServiceDesk software using ServiceNow to manage Incidents and Requests
- Participate in the Out of Hours 24x7 2nd line On call rota.
What experience we think you’ll need
- You’ll have completed or in the process of completing Microsoft Certifications such as MCP/ MCSA/ MCSE/ Azure Administrator level.
- You’ll be confident and comfortable installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows/ UNIX/ Linux based environments.
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of Networks, Operating Systems, Storage devices and applications including SQL Databases.
- Working cloud experience, preferably in Azure
- Working experience with Microsoft Office 365 and InTune.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Operating Systems Windows 7+ / Windows Server 2008R2+
- Working Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix)
- Working Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. LogicMonitor, Solarwinds, PRTG etc.)
- Experience with automation software would be desirable
- Reasonably solid networking knowledge and experience with Cisco, Meraki, Sophos and Palo-Alto (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Ability to travel within the UK and work flexibly
- Working to follow ITILv3/4 Practices