Unmind are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as our Senior Product Designer.Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Senior Product Designer
We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our team. As a Product Designer at Unmind, you’ll be working closely with our Product and Engineering teams to craft functional and beautiful experiences within our ‘Wellbeing’ collective. You, being a core member of the team, will contribute to the most imperative parts of the product development process at Unmind, which includes understanding user needs through research, conceptualising complex ideas into interactive prototypes, validating ideas through user testing, designing detailed high-fidelity interfaces, collaborating with the Engineering team to ensure high quality implementation, and exhaustively testing the product to be confident that we’re shipping a product that meets all requirements.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team on a daily basis including product managers, software engineers, and content creators.
- Own every aspect of the product's design, from doing preliminary research, solving the core user challenge to shipping a well-tested and pixel-perfect UI
- Precisely articulate design rationale to members of the team
- Prototype to clearly communicate requirements to the Engineering team
- Collaborate with peers on the design team to ensure designs are conceptually sound and fit into the bigger picture
- Help build cohesive a design system
- Give and receive design critique to help constantly refine our work
- Champion for inclusivity and accessibility in everything we ship
- Mentor new designers that join the design team
- Give form to ideas by being the voice and owner of product design decisions
- Help make high-level strategic decisions in conjunction with the design and product teams
- Continually help push our team’s creative, visual, and interactive design capabilities
- Help the company meet business goals by understanding client/user needs and delivering on work that moves the needle
- Advocate for effective best practices to improve multidisciplinary collaboration
Skills & experience
As with any B2B organisation, the success of Unmind depends on every member of staff being professional, amicable, and building strong relationships – both internally and with external stakeholders. Our ideal candidate traits are as follows:
- Strong experience designing products end-to-end
- Experience designing and shipping applications
- Ability to communicate articulately your thoughts and motivations
- A keen eye for visual UI details
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
- Passionate about creating products that resonate emotionally with our users
- Along with core principles of product design, you also have a deep understanding of composition, typography, balance, symmetry, and white space
- A strong portfolio of past work, which includes detailed mockups and interactive prototypes
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)