We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
The Conduct Manager is a key part of Currencycloud's second line compliance function. The Conduct Manager will manage and enhance Currencycycloud’s global conduct risk framework. This will include designing and implementing an effective conduct control testing approach. The Conduct Manager will initially report into the Group MLRO.
- Manage and proactively enhance Currencycloud's global conduct risk framework. This will include a combination of controls, training, risk assessment, policies, procedures and management information
- Develop and manage a programme of conduct control testing covering all regulated entities globally
- Prepare and deliver conduct risk management information to relevant audiences (compliance leadership, executive committee, board of directors) highlighting key initiatives, trends and areas of concern
- Act as an internal subject matter expert on conduct risk. Share knowledge on internal trends and wider industry developments within the compliance department
- Manage and provide mentorship to junior team members within the second line compliance function
- Provide training to other teams within Compliance on relevant conduct risk topics
- Be aware of changes in the wider business (products, jurisdictions etc.) and how these may impact the conduct risk framework
- Provide constructive and clear feedback to team members queries.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- Be a champion of CC culture and values
- Act as line manager for team members (incl. holiday approvals, ongoing feedback, performance management)
- Recognise team vulnerabilities and act on this: be human
- The successful candidate will have a risk background within financial services with a strong understanding of the UK conduct regulatory regime
- Good experience of identifying conduct risks in the retail banking or payment sector and developing related controls
- Good understanding of control design assessment and effectiveness testing techniques and practices
- Hands on and independent
- Have an interest in the payments, financial services, technology or FX industry
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent team working skills, ability to manage own workload and tenacious attention to detail